This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

idles well, but stalls when clutch is let out

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
farmermatt
10+ Years
10+ Years

idles well, but stalls when clutch is let out

Postby farmermatt » Mon May 16, 2005 10:19 am

Hello everybody, I have been reading the forum for quite some time, so I am up with all of the latest issues. However, now I have a proble that I can't resolve. My Lo-boy ran fine the last time I cut the grass, however this time she stalled repeatedly after cutting 1/2 acre just fine. It idles well, but when I let the clutch out even without the PTO engaged, she stalls. I can't figure out what is wrong. I need some professional help. What say you guys?

P.s I'm no farmer, just a horse breeder.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon May 16, 2005 11:22 am

There are several possibilities but I think most likely it is a fuel supply issue. I would flush the tank and remove and clean the main jet on the carb.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon May 16, 2005 1:03 pm

AMEN TO WHAT THE BIG DOG SAYS.
To do it I would remove the gas connection at the carb and drain the whole tank through a coffee filter. When empty I would keep putting 1 gallon at a time through the tank till it all comes out clean. Change the filter form time to time to see that you are clean. Next take the sediment bowl off, clean it and its screen. Next clean the screen at the inlet of your carb if you still have one. Next remove the main jet, it is a brass hex shape on the side of the carb. I would blow it out with air pressure and if you have a fine piece of wire such as telephone wire I would poke it out a couple times and then air again. Next i would take the carb off and remove the bowl from the top and clean out the sludge on the bottom of the bowl. I would clean all other crud you see. I would then re assemble the carb being careful to not to over tighten the top and bowl. They can be overtightened and warp the top. Next put everything back except the jet. Then pour an extra gallon of gas through the filter and let it come out the jet hole. If this is clean put the jet back in, put gas in and it there is no fresh gas on the tractor or on the ground around it start up and you will probable be fine. If there is gas about the ground or tractor give it a chance to evaporate before you start up.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop