This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub is a little hesitent

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub is a little hesitent

Postby Maritimer » Sat May 14, 2005 7:13 pm

Yahoo, we can finally get on our land!! So today I was doing a little plowing. It worked great but it was a little slow on the upstart once I dropped the plow. After 3or 4 seconds the govenor seamed to kick in and she worked great. Is this normal or Is there an adjustment that I should be making somewhere.I made sure I was moving forward before I dropped the plow.
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Sun May 15, 2005 6:53 am

I don't recommend dropping the plow while moving as If it hooks a root or something you can be in a world of s--t faster than you can say farmallcub.
As far as the way the Governor is acting try stopping then starting out
the forward motion of the tractor acts like a fly weight and it takes the gov. a few sec. to catch up .

I wish I had a penny for every acre I have plowed with a cub.
Dad did custom garden plowing when I was a teenager (early 70s to early 80s) I did much of the plowing as dad worked full time.
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Sun May 15, 2005 7:39 am

To echo other opinions that I've gotten on this sort of thing, check your timing, make sure you've got good fuel flow, check your spark gaps and/or replace the plugs if need be, make sure your points are dressed and gapped correctly, make sure your distributor cap and rotor are clean and dry, replace those wires.

Hope this helps.
"Henry" 1948 Farmall Cub

Return to “Farmall Cub”