This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

friction on the forum

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

friction on the forum

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:14 pm

I have been a member of this forum from the day it started, and before that the ATIS forum. In that amount of time I have visited a number of tractor sites, some good, some not. This is in my opinion one of the best forums on the internet, however I am seeing something lately I am not comfortable with. Rather than everyone accepting each other for their differences and doing what they can to help, we seem to be developing an attitude of, “what did he mean by that, was that aimed at me, why did he say that?”. The attitude of, he is touching me, she is looking at me, no I’m not, that I am seeing lately is typical of young siblings riding on a long trip, not of adults helping each other work through problems. Isn’t it time to get away from that and back to why we joined the forum. If you are having problems with someone on the forum, please take it off line and get it settled. Do not look at something and say was that aimed at me? If it isn’t an obvious attack, ignore it, it was probably something meant to be funny that you took the wrong way. If it is an obvious attack and I see it I will remove it, and if it keeps on, I will also remove the poster.

I am a retired central office technician, and used to work with a coupe of outside repairmen that could not get along. If I said good morning to them all was well, but if George said Good Morning to Jim, or vice versa, they were both ready to fight. It got to the point that trying to get anything done in my switching office was a problem, and one day I told the 2 of them that I did not care why they squabbled or how they settled it, but I did not want to hear any more of it in my office, either settle it or stay out of my office. Staying out of the switching office was not an option for them, so they settled it. I am the same way about the forum, I do not care why you do not like someone, or how you settle it, but if it keeps on making things difficult on the cub forum I will take a hand, and I will not be partial, I will take either side to task.

This is locked, and if you have comments, you can PM or email me, or another moderator, or Dennis if you wish. If it is a good suggestion it will be added. If it is a problem we will attempt to solve it. If it is just grumbling I will ignore it. Please remember, I am not smart enough to pay attention to hints are insinuations, it has to be said straight out. My email is ejpuckett@centurytel.net If you email me, include your screen name please. I am forgetful.

John, the old B.A.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: friction on the forum

Postby Bigdog » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 am

One big thing missing now that was so prevalent in the early days is respect.
Respect for the host of this site and respect for other member's opinions and viewpoints.
We are in Farmallcub.com's home - let us have respect for that and for each other.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”