This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Oil Seal for Hyd. Pump - Early Style

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Oil Seal for Hyd. Pump - Early Style

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Did a couple rebuilds this weekend on some Cub Hydraulic Pumps. One of which is the early style with the actual oil seal instead of the o-ring. Upon cleaning up the outside of the pump I noticed that under the red paint, it had Federal Yellow on it too. I thought the pumps with the oil seals were early pumps (late 40's - early 50's)??

2nd Question......I looked at TM Tractors site since the oil seal wasn't included with their rebuild kit; but didn't see that it was offered on their site. I've also tried searching the part number off the old seal on a couple parts stores sites, but no help. Where would I find the correct seal for the pump. Here is the old seal that came out......
Attachments
Pump Seal 2.JPG
Pump Seal 1.JPG
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Oil Seal for Hyd. Pump - Early Style

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:16 pm

And here are some pictures of the entire assembly as I took it apart and discovered it was the oil seal type. I decided to not go any further until I got the correct seal and could finish it.
Attachments
pumpv2.JPG
pump  1.JPG
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Criswell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48180
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub with
- 54 Blade
- 193 Moldboard Plow
- Woods 59 C-2 mower

Postby Criswell » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Case/IH part number 355 742 R91, or National 471526.
Where you are, right now, is of absolutly no use unless you are able to get away from it, FAST!

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:54 pm

Thanks much! The National should suffice to get a parts store to look it up.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:39 pm

The nice thing about that seal is that it is quite a bit thinner than the original, so you can install it shallower so the lip does not ride in the shaft groove cut by the old one.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Yes, I was reading in your older posts where you had mentioned that. That is a good thing. This particular shaft isn't as worn as the shaft was that had the "o-ring" style seal. The shaft that had the o-ring seal had a groove cut in it and was a little rough, so I smoothed it down with some 600 grit paper. Hopefully it will be fine, as everything is good and tight after putting it back together. This particular pump wasn't in as bad of shape. It only had a small indenture where the seal lip was riding and wasn't rough at all. All-in-all, it should be like a new pump once I'm done with it.

Thanks again for the help and information guys! I think I'm gonna tackle a rebuild of the touch control next, as well as each for a Farmall 140!! (fingers crossed)
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”