This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Head without casting number

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dan Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Head without casting number

Postby Dan Stuckey » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:12 pm

As some of you know, I'm dealing with a possible head gasket problem in my 49 Cub, but having a newer engine. looked at the head today for a casting number and found none. Looked really clost, poking and scraping and just is none. Then checked the engine which is red paint over yellow paint. And this engine had a nondrilled crank for a bushing for imput shaft. Code is 2 1 X which I guess is feb 1 1974. Now the head has no sign of red over yellow paint, just a wrinkly red paint job. So could this be a after market head? And if I replace it, would it be with the later made casting code? Did some work on it for the soon removal such as banging on the bolts and hitting them with the kroil. Waiting for head bolts to arrive before I rip off the head.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Head without casting number

Postby Eugene » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Since the head is on a 1976 Low Boy engine block, probably the part number is 355 691 R2.

Suggest, rather, than doing a new topic on the same/previous on going topic, continue by posting on the old topic. Makes it easier for folks to respond.
I have an excuse. CRS.

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:05 pm

Don't be worried about the casting date, look for one with the PN that Eugene listed.

Dan Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dan Stuckey » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:07 pm

Thanks guys. AlwAys good for good answers.

Return to “Farmall Cub”