Just Before Christmas, I had time and a short warm weather opportunity to get some work done before the colder weather came in. PAINTING:
Glad I got the sandblasted parts primed for the 1968 140 and the 1975 Cub. Now all there is left to do is wet sand all peices twice, put a little body filler on the lower part of the 140 nose peice where I fixed a couple dents, and paint. I'll also need to do some more sanding & cleaning on the Cub & 140 before paint....but not much. Might have to wait a while until warmer weather to paint, but at least it is all primed up!STEERING REBUILD:
Got a new snap ring & installed it to the Farmall 140 steering worm shaft. The original snap ring was missing and causing the shaft to move up and down. Also replaced the seal while I was in there, and Even though the bushing seemed good and tight, I thought I would replace it too. I got the worm gear and shaft bolted up inside the housing on the tractor, but ran out of time to bolt the rest of the housing or the axle up to the tractor. FRONT AXLE
I decided to go ahead and clean up and paint the front axle for the Farmall 140 while I had it off and it was easily accessible. I didn't bother so much with the hubs and spindles since they are easy to get to with the paint gun while painting the tractor, plus my spray can of IH Red wasn't quite enough for the whole thing once I got a good coat on the hard-to-get-to areas. I took the time to clean off all old paint, prime, and paint it. I also ordered some new ball joint rubber boots since the old ones were either missing or worn out. Ball joints are good and tight and the axle pivot pin bushings seemed ok as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.