This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

2 New to me cubs

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
gusbratz
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16345

Re: 2 New to me cubs

Postby gusbratz » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:57 pm

i'm still confused by this magneto rotor, when the #1 cyl hits TDC the magneto snaps and i find the rotor at about 2:00 or closer to 3:00. so i took out the 2 screws and moved the little rotor back to 12:00 after the snap and 10 or 11 right before the snap. and the cub started right up and ran like the wind. i drove it around a bit and put a timeing light on it and the thing seems to be fireing about 1" before the TDC mark on the flywheel.
then i started working on the 59, the yellow and white one. it has the dist. not the mag type ignition. i rolled it to TDC #1 and pulled the dist apart and find the rotor pointing to the 2:00 position. now why wouldn't it be lined up to 12:00? I am assumeing it ran before it was left for dead. and this seal looks bad too because oil came poruing out of it when i took the dist off, or is it supposed to have engine oil in that gear reduction unit?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”