This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

pics

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

pics

Postby paw's49 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:03 am

OK, let's see if I can do this....

Well guys, what do you think? Does it look like it has hydraulics? Can you tell if it's battery or magneto? What about the drawbar - I thought it was supposed to be sticking out further behind the tractor. What about those two L shaped things at the rear that I guess some implements bolt to? How about that disc lying on the ground under the tractor? Can you tell if it has fast hitch? Sorry for all the questions, but I just really don't know what I've got here.
Stay tuned for some implement pics.....
Thanks, Craig

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Soldner
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Soldner » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:21 am

Craig,
From the looks of it, i'd definately say it has hydraulics. It is a battery ignition system (coil next to the distributor), and the disk laying on the ground is part of the impliments connected. The rear looks like its set up for the cultivators. I'm not an expert on cubs like the rest of the guys here, but i'd say it looks pretty good!! Good Luck!

Soldner

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:35 am

Looks like you have a tractor with pieces of at least 3 implements attached.

You have a Touch-Control hydraulic system, no Fast-Hitch.
Looks like a magneto where the internal coil went bad so an external coil was added, converting it to battery ignition. Hard to tell for certain in that picture.
The stuff hanging on the front is a set of universal mounting frames, used by several pieces of equipment. In this case probably used with cultivators.
The pulley on the PTO shaft belongs to a sickle bar mower.
The lever near the right rear wheel is the depth control for a moldboard plow.
The L shaped beams and other assorted stuff bolted on the back is the rear section of a cultivator.
The disk on the floor is a hiller attachment for a cultivator. To quote a line from a Woody Allen movie, "Don't those things usually travel in pairs?"
The drawbar, which is probably there somewhere, bolts on the same place the L shaped beams are currrently bolted.
The cross bar up under the tractor that can be seen in the rear shot is part of a swinging drawbar attachment.

Lets see some pictures of your piles of implements and verify that you have the implements to go with the pieces on the tractor.

paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:38 pm

YES!! Glad for the hydraulics!!
Guess battery ignition is a good thing? No magneto to worry with?
Dad had no mower - belly or sickle, so I guess this was left on from PO.
Did that plow look like a moldboard? Or is it too weedy to tell?
Yes there are a couple more of those discs lying around.
I thought cross bar WAS the drawbar.....shows how much I know. So, there should be a drawbar (looks something like the cross bar?) lying around somewhere, right? And the L-bars will have to come off in order to attach the drawbar and pull a plow or harrow, right?
Thanks again,
Craig

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:50 pm

If you look for the drawbar, it is sort of U shaped with straight sides and lots of holes. The plow appeared to be a moldboard plow. And yes, the rear cultivator arms will need to come off to mount the drawbar.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:53 pm

Plow is probably a Cub-193 moldboard plow. Cultivator is probably a Cub-144. The disk harrow looks like probably some tow-behind unit that is not tractor specific. The blade is either a Cub-54 or Cub-54A (doesn't really matter which). This is all subject to what shows when they are out of the honeysuckle.

I suggest you take a look at some of the manuals on Rudi's implement manual page http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20Implement%20Manuals/index.html to get a little more idea of what you are looking at. Before you actually try to mount and use an implement, make life easier and get your own copy of the manual from Binder Books.http://www.binderbooks.com/. Also get the Owner's, Parts and Service manuals from the same place (unless you are lucky enough to have the originals). Also look at the Gallery and Picture Archive and implement hookups pages of the TM Tractor Parts web pages to see more pictures of the tractor and implements (some mounted) at http://www.tmtractor.com/gallery.htm

Keep in mind that some of these implements (especially the cultivator) can be equipped in a variety of ways. The manual will show attachments that will not be with your equipment.

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:24 pm

Do I see a by-pass block on the T/C and a line going up to the fill plug???
Young man for work, old man for advice

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:36 pm

The earliest Touch-Control blocks had an external line for the relief valve. I think that is what this tractor has.

paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Mon May 02, 2005 11:47 am

Thanks a lot guys....I'll try to dig the implements out of the weeds this weekend and take more pictures. I've got to get a lean-to built before I bring the tractor to the house - don't want it sitting out in the weather.
Craig

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Mon May 02, 2005 3:12 pm

Hi, good to learn a bit myself from your questions, thanks for asking, thanks for the replies.
In passing, should it have a choke lever in the slot on LH side of dash?
Pat

paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Tue May 03, 2005 7:11 am

Hey Pat....yes, you are right. It is supposed to have a choke lever - don't know what happened there, but more than likely Dad choked it manually somehow. I don't see any kind of "rigging" at the carb....choke lever will be a part I'll be looking for. This is really gonna be a learning experience!
Craig

paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Tue May 03, 2005 7:14 am

Mr. Hudson and Mr. Becker...if you can see a block and filler line in those pictures, I best grab my glasses.....

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue May 03, 2005 8:59 am

paw's49 wrote:Mr. Hudson and Mr. Becker...if you can see a block and filler line in those pictures, I best grab my glasses.....

I see the line too. Their eyes are just fine.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Tue May 03, 2005 10:14 am

Mr. Willer,

Must be MY eyes, then!! Or could also be of help if I knew what the heck I was looking at/for!!

Craig

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue May 03, 2005 11:25 am

paw's49 wrote:Mr. Willer,

Must be MY eyes, then!! Or could also be of help if I knew what the heck I was looking at/for!!

Craig

On the left side of the touch control unit is an "L" shaped line connecting two ports externally.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Farmall Cub”