This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I'm back.....

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

I'm back.....

Postby paw's49 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:06 pm

Well it's been almost a year since I've posted, but I do check the forum almost everyday. Hopefully, within a month, I'll be able to get Dad's Cub to my house and start working on it. The tractor has sat for two years since his death. I've even got pictures this time, as soon as I find out how to post them. I'm not sure, but I'm wondering if the first thing I should do is start with new battery cables. Received an email from C&G - they have them. The ones on the tractor have to be the originals. The insulation just crumbles off the long one.
One thing I'm confused on: Within the forum, I read a lot about battery ignition and magneto ignition. Is it safe to assume that if the Cub has a battery, it's battery ignition, and the magneto is disconnected? I'm gonna tell you guys right now - when I start this project, I'm gonna need a lot of help - I'll ask a lot of dumb questions, cause I am about a million light years from being a mechanic. But I want to get Dad's Cub running again, and use it in my own garden. Would even like to eventually paint it and make it look like the ones I've seen on this forum. I know, one step at a time.
Gonna thank you guys in advance for all your patience and advice!
Craig

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:51 pm

Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:01 pm

Craig, Bill's links to the pictures of the mag and battery ignition systems should tell you what you have. But just to address the other part of your question, no, just because your tractor has a battery, you cannot assume it is battery ignition. When the terms battery ignition and magneto are used it is a reference to the source of energy for the ignition circuit. The battery also provides power to the starting and lighting circuits.
It's good to see you back and I hope you have fun with your project.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:55 pm

NO she can have a battery a charging system and a magneto, Let me know if you need Mag help.
MagMan