This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

found a bolt in the bellhousing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

found a bolt in the bellhousing

Postby cowboy » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:17 pm

:shock: I pulled off the clutch housing inspection plate and found a 1/4" bolt fine threaded 3/4" long with the IH logo on it laying on top of it. I looked around in there with a flashlite and cannot find where it may have come from. any :idea: 's

Also are there any more hidden grease fittings :?: I know of the steering linkages, front pivot pin, rockshafts, distributer, clutch shaft, and pto fittings. :oops: I did not know of the one on the through-out block for the clutch untill I read a post about prelubing it.

Thanks Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:35 pm

Billy,

The bolt sounds like a adjusting screw for the Auburn clutch. This is a 1/4-28 thread. You may find a nut and a washer also, maybe not :lol: The bolts for the clutch to flywheel are 5/16.
8)

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:32 pm

Thanks Donny

Are you talking about the adjusting screw that goes through the fingers of the clutch? Mine are all there it is a headless bolt with a screwdriver slot and a locking nut.

What I found was a standard hex head bolt with the IH logo on it. Or am I looking at the wrong thing :?: I can see the throwout block is way out of adjustment. I looked at the manul just now but I did not see anything like this bolt but it was unclear to me.

Thanks Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:42 pm

Billy,

Looking at the parts manual it could have also come from the TOB yoke. The parts manual calls for a 1/4-28 X 11/16" lg. (weird length) but if this was missing from the yoke the TOB wouldn't be suspended except by the spline shaft and one would think there would also be a nut and lock washer around someplace.
8)

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:48 pm

The above post is correct for s/n's 501 to 32228. For 32229 and above the bolt is 3/4 long. This could be the mystery bolt but I would think the TOB would be in trouble.
Not 8)

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:08 pm

Ok Donny :{_}: :{_}:

I would never have found it. The manual I was looking in showed the hole but not the bolt. Its in the yoke just past the pin. I was just about to think it was somthing left over from a PO rebuild.

Thanks for your time and help

Billy

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:40 pm

Cowboy wrote:Ok Donny :{_}: :{_}:

I would never have found it. The manual I was looking in showed the hole but not the bolt. Its in the yoke just past the pin. I was just about to think it was somthing left over from a PO rebuild.

Thanks for your time and help

Billy

Billy,

Replacing the bolt holding the two halves of yoke together should improve the adjustment of your clutch. Do it before you try any adjustments.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:25 pm

Thanks Mr Willer I'll do that

Return to “Farmall Cub”