This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Woods 42 mount

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Woods 42 mount

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:43 pm

2 or 3 weeks ago someone posted they were having trouble with the lift on thir Woods 42 inch mower. Here is a picture of one showing the lift arms.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

saddlemaker
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby saddlemaker » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:47 am

Hey mister I am looking for another cub and I was looking your picture over. This tractor looks pretty straight. Could it be bought for a reasonable price? Hello John. Dan

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:28 am

John: What would the chain hook in front of the front rockshaft be used for? I assume one might attach a chain to it but I can't think of an implement for which this might be used. Dan

Dave Beck
10+ Years
10+ Years

42 inch mower

Postby Dave Beck » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:29 am

I am buying a 42 inch mower with all the hookup, It is not a woods, the guy says he thinks it is a Danco? Or possilbly a International. I have seen the pics and it looks like a woods in most ways. It is a octagon shape and you can see the original red paint. He also has a woods that looks like the one on the forum but says this ower is built heavier.

Does anyone know anything about the Danco brand? Where would I look to see if there is any markings to be able to tell what it is?

I like the looks of the old stop sign shaped mower. He tells me they cut excellent.

Thanks,
Dave
To soon old, to late smart.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:34 am

Dan, there are a couple of uses for that hook. One, you could chain up a front mount implement and operate a rear mount implement without removing the front implement.
The other use is for chaining the tractor down on a trailer during transport. If you look at many of the restored tractors at shows, they will have some form of tie-down attached to keep from scuffing the tractor finish.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:41 am

Thanks, BD Dan

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:56 am

Dan England wrote:John: What would the chain hook in front of the front rockshaft be used for? I assume one might attach a chain to it but I can't think of an implement for which this might be used. Dan
Actually the hook is bolted to one of the implement mouting pads, rather thant the rockshaft, angle in picture makes it appear to be on rockshaft. And as BD said, it was used for tying down when hauling.

saddlemaker wrote:Hey mister I am looking for another cub and I was looking your picture over. This tractor looks pretty straight. Could it be bought for a reasonable price? Hello John. Dan
Dan, thanks for the interest, but that cub cannot be bought for a reasonable or unreasonable price. Itis the one that has been named Missy, and is special to me because fo a friend (Cub-bud) who stepped in to finish it for me when my health wouldn't allow it. Here's what it looks like now.

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”