This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pan seat, fabric? color(s)?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Maritimer » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:29 pm

Is there anyone on the post from Maine? Rudi, if we can't get our seats recovered here, I would drive to Maine to pick them up. Then bring them back across the border.Do you think this would work?
I have bought quite a few parts from across the border and I have never had to pay tax on anything. Maybe I was lucky. They just put a value of 20.00 or less on it and say it is a used agricultral item. Maybe if Darrell can sell us some material we can get it done here. We can probably sneak material across somehow.
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:59 pm

Looks like the Free Trade agreement is only for the rich. Every one seems to have to pay to support the rich :?: I guess that is why they have it and we don't. Lucky I'm a red neck with a cub that really makes me the rich one they can keep their money We all have a life and more important good cub friends. Even overseas friends too how about that :!:
Last edited by cowboy on Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:25 pm

Give him a break BD. If he was that bad Em wouldn't have him.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:26 pm

Mike:

That definitely is a possibility. I would make the trip myself I think. Might be a good way to move stuff around.

I am sure that a couple of the guys might want to help us out on that. There are a few things that I would like to get over the summer and that may be an avenue worth investigating.....

Cowboy:

You made a good point. I realized a long time ago that in this life the only things aside from wife/kids/family is good friends. The rest is just that - the rest... not worth worryin about. Money is nice, but it is not that important anymore. Health, hearth and happiness.. bout does it fer me :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:27 pm

BD:

yup, I know.... :roll: :oops: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:32 pm

Rudi
You should take the hint and put Em in the drivers seat whenever you cross the border.I went over to the U.S. in a cab from Woodstock,N.B.I thought I was going to jail, instead of picking up a car. 8) :lol: Bruce
owner of 48 fcub 34206 Cub cadets 108/102 with mower,snow thrower and blade

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:56 pm

Rudy I told Bev the story about you and Em driving and getting stopped. She said "has he got the message yet?"

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:25 pm

Bill:

Tell Bev.... ahhh yup!

I let Em drive over the border most times now. Strip searches can get boring after a while.... :lol: :lol:

Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04664
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby Vern Campbell » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:49 am

Rudi, Mike,
I'm in beautiful downtown Franklin, Maine, which is in the Ellsworth/Bar Harbor area and an easy drive to Calais/St. Stephen. I'd be glad to help in any way I can to make this venture more affordable. Getting the seat recovered is one of the projects on my list, too. Mine is mostly intact except for the back edge which is torn away from the crimp. But anyway, I'd be glad to be the middleman for you, and could meet you in Calais. On the other hand, Bev has been wanting to take a trip to Yarmouth on the Cat this summer--I wonder how the seats would fit in my suitcase? :D Anyway, I'll do anything I can to help.
Vern
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.--Will Rogers

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:03 am

Vern and all:

You know, I am constantly amazed by the willingness of the folks on this forum to help one another :D Simply Amazing.

If more people around the world, and on other forums as well, could take the example from the fine, fine folks that inhabit FarmallCub.com, we would have a lot less strife and stress in this world. Probably could save a lot more old tractors too :!: :idea: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Vern, if you and Bev decide to take the Cat over to Yarmouth, then might I suggest you return home via Moncton? That way, you would be able to visit-have coffee with Mike, Bruce, Mac and other Cubbers I am sure, and be able to stop for supper with Em and I :?: :?: :?: :idea: :D :!:
We sure would enjoy it immensely.

We have been priviledged to welcome a number of cubbers into our home over the past 2 years who have visited us from the US and Canada and each visit was a very enjoyable experience for Em and I. We look forward to return visits from all as often as possible.

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:36 am

That sounds good they would have to pass by all of us .
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:36 pm

Rudi wrote:If more people around the world, and on other forums as well, could take the example from the fine, fine folks that inhabit FarmallCub.com, we would have a lot less strife and stress in this world. Probably could save a lot more old tractors too :!: :idea: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Hear Hear!!!! both for the humanity and the tractors saved!! :D :D :D

Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Maritimer » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:54 pm

Vern, That is very very thoughtful of you, It is so nice to have members of a forum so thoughtful and caring and would go so far to help fellow cubbers. Also Vern, if you come this way you'll have to look me up and come for a visit. You will be coming within a stonethrow of my house.
What do you think Rudi, would you like to get some of the material and see if we can get the seats made up here or just get the seats sent up yonder and then go for a drive to verns house to pick them up.
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:09 pm

Mike:

I think I would like to get the materials and let Brenda do the work. She is an awesome upholsterer and has done this type of thing for years. Failing that, then I think I might be up to sending a seat down to Darrell.. I am thinkin...

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:27 pm

Vern I also would enjoy a visit anytime. As you would drive right by my house on the way to Mike and Rudi!es. I am only a hundred yards off the hwy. 8) :lol: Bruce
owner of 48 fcub 34206 Cub cadets 108/102 with mower,snow thrower and blade

Return to “Farmall Cub”