This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pan seat, fabric? color(s)?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:19 pm

If you are looking to make it really original. My horse is shedding his winter coat right now. I might be able to get enought to do a seat but I would think foam would be easier and more comfortable.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:29 pm

Cowboy wrote:If you are looking to make it really original. My horse is shedding his winter coat right now. I might be able to get enought to do a seat but I would think foam would be easier and more comfortable.

Billy

I don't have any idea how to do it with horse hair, but the technique I'm thinking about requires cementing the foam to the seat pan and then in turn cementing the fabric to the foam... except for a band around the outside. That's how I think they were originally.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Maritimer » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:46 pm

Yes guy's, I think that if someone can find a stock # and pass it on, it would be fantastic. I myself have three seats that I would like done, as I have mentioned in a earlier post I have two people looking for it now for me.
Rudi, the Melenson people you mentioned to me earlier have someone looking also. Hopefully someone can find a stock # for this stuff.
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:25 pm

my horse is shedding too. "custom made by a fat thoughobred
Image On To Bigger Things

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:48 pm

Rudi
I'm not up on "duty" and "Customs" charges, but if you send your seat to Darrell to be recovered, and he recovers it and sends the same seat back to you, why do you have to pay duty charges on something you already own?

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:35 am

Because the material value increases. And that has to be declared.

It has been my experience that the shipper always ends up declaring the value to be what they think it is in a situation like this. They usually do not think of duty and customs charges.

Even on used parts, no one thinks of duty or taxes. But that is a reality here in Canada. We pay duty on used as well as new items - no difference. We pay GST which is a service tax on everything except basic essential foodstuffs including USED items. We pay tax on getting a seat recovered and we pay duty on the material used to recover the seat. Usually no one breaks it down, so we end up paying duty on the whole thing.

Soo, let's say for arguments sake, if Darrell charges $100.00 to redo the seat, then we have to add the following

Currency exchange - currently about 27% or around $0.73 Cdn to the US dollar. (without exchange charges which can bring it up to $0.35 on the dollar, thereby increasing it by another 8%)
then shipping - say $25.00 US - $30.00Cdn
then duty - which is about 20%
then border fees - automatically at least $30.00
then tax on the border fees - $4.50
then tax (GST) -$17.83

for a grand total of $240.73.

This is without the Provincial Sales Tax which gets added to the total..

This is provided no one inflates the value by adding the shipping into the total value of the item. That then increases it by another $50 bucks or so.

Soooo, now you see why this happens.

The only way around it is for Darrell to declare the value of the seat at less than $20.00US which he isn't going to do. So, even though people mean well, it costs us a fortune to get stuff in from the states.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:43 am

Where does Darrell live
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:27 am

Mac:

Darrell Darst
1857 W. Outer Highway 61
Moscow Hills
Missouri
USA
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:05 am

Rudi that is farther then the son goes or it would be no problem

Mac

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:22 am

Rudi,

I bought a loader tractor in Canada several years ago. My only problem bringing it to U.S. was the woman who was left in charge of inspections (she thought her a$$ weighed a ton!) who wanted to send me to jail for not having a title. (I had a well written bill of sale). I was saved by her supervisor who came back from lunch before she had me in handcuffs and he sent me on my merry way without any charge at all.

I was left with the impression that the job attracts wannabes who want to exersise authority whether they have any or not. I understand that used agricultural equipment should pass with no charge at all.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:38 am

Rudi, the last I knew Darel includes domestic shipping in his charges. If you are wanting to get one recovered send it to him, and have him return it to me. I can bring it to you at Cubarama. Lot of charges eliminated. Of course you could have him ship it to me anytime. My declared value is less than his. LOL
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:52 am

Darrell is normally at Cub-Arama, or at least he has been the last two years, and I feel sure he would bring it there to either of you.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:14 pm

Mac:

I had thought of that. One thing that would be useful is to know where your son travels to on a regular basis. Also, what would he be able to bring back? Small items I would imagine. I sure appreciated the last delivery. Next time, you gotta tell me what he takes in his Timmy's so I can make sure I bring him one :!: :idea: :lol:

John:

If indeed Em and I can make it to Cub-a-rama, a seat will probably be in the plans.... it will be a little farther down the road before I know. I guess I really should send Darrell and email and find out how much lead time he needs....

George:

Every time Em and I go to the states if I am driving - we get pulled over either on the US Side for 40 Questions and such, and coming back into Canada - we basically get strip searched. Last time my baby brother and I cut through the States bringing a load of Personal Effects, the lightbulbs on the Canadian side didn't like the declaration we had filled out before we left Canada, nor the declaration we filled out on entering the US, so they stripped my truck - load AND the TRUCK :!: Needless to say, I was a little PO'd's especially when I HAD to put it all back together..... what a bunch of doorknobs...

Now, ifn Em had been driving -- woulda sailed right through. She always gets a smile, g'day m'am, hope your trip was safe and be sure you drive safely home now ok :?: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO FIGURE :!: :lol:

I mean, I know I is ugly, but geesh do I look like a criminal too :?: :?: :?: :roll:

As for agricultural equipment passing through with no problem - you are right -- on THE US SIDE OF THE BORDER :!: Not here.. As Jamie or Lynn.. Most agricultural equipment, provided some of it was manufactured in the US, can be returned to the US with no duty or customs charges - zippo - :D Not in Canada.. we gotta give the government it's taxes no matter what.

Every time I watch CNN and somebody is complaining in the US about Free Trade, all I gotta do is think about Customs -- there ain't no such thing as free trade. The only ones not getting the break is on duty etc., is us Canucks - we get to pay through the nose.....

Sorry for the Image

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:26 pm

No poker face :roll:

Mac

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:57 pm

Rudi wrote:
GO FIGURE :!: :lol:

I mean, I know I is ugly, but geesh do I look like a criminal too :?: :?: :?: :roll:

Rudi, you really shouldn't leave yourself open like that! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”