This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

T-Control Jumpin~Bean

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

T-Control Jumpin~Bean

Postby johnbron » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:29 pm

I have been changing fluids on the newly purchased (49) and I filled the tranny with diesel fuel to flush. I just drove it to the neighbors to churn up the diesel and while there he wanted to know how the hydraulics work so I lowered the tool bar up and down a couple times successfully and then all a sudden it started to jumping. The only position it doesn`t jump now is all the way down. I know there was recently a thread about this problem but I cant find it. What is normally the cause for this and is there a quick & easy fix?.
Then came Bronson

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:59 pm

cubguy47 wrote:Johnbron-

Did you also drain and refill the touch control reservoir? You may have air in the lines.

Nope, I haven`t messed with the touch control as far as draining, I have only drained and refilled the engine & tranny. I know there was a post about the same problem recently. Maybe it was on the ATIS board. Wish My memory would come back from vacation. I shall find it but just thought I would cut corners and ask. _Thanks_
Then came Bronson

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:29 am

cubguy47 wrote:johnbron-

Does the "jumping" increase as the engine RPM's increase?

I had a Cub with this same symptom a while back. Bigdog suggested it could be oil leaking past the o-rings on the cylinder or a faulty relief valve.

It was the O-rings, and the problem was corrected after new replacements were installed.

I drove it home with it in the down position where it did not jump but when I raised it I believe it was jumping faster with RPMs increased. If anybody has the solution to fixing this I would appreciate hearing about it. I thought fer`shore I would have got a hands on experienced answer by now with this many Cub owners on board. Maybe somebody will answer Bigdogs request for a workshop T-control demonstration at Cubfest and the info will spread from B.Ds house across the world. :lol: :P :arrow:
Then came Bronson

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:51 am

JB, I would suspect the relief valve sticking, but I'm no hydraulics expert. I'm more of an ex-spurt (drip under pressure).
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”