This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

long bang forble tricycle cub done

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: long bang forble tricycle cub done

Postby Eugene » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:45 pm

Landreo wrote:To run as a "forble" I needed to add a second set of points 90 degrees from the original, I used a set of lawnmower points to get the 90 degree offset.
Major cam shaft modification would be required. No changes made to crankshaft.

Ignition firing, firing order would be: Fire the two cylinders at TDC compression stroke. Fire other two cylinders at 180 degree crankshaft rotation. 540 degree crankshaft rotation without firing cylinders or firing the cylinders on the exhaust stroke. Bringing us back to fire two cylinders at TDC.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: long bang forble tricycle cub done

Postby Rick Spivey » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:53 am

So the version with modified crankshaft would fire evenly, like a Deere, while the modified camshaft would "lope", like a Harley. Two different characteristics and sounds, but two different ways to make it a twin cylinder.....
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

Return to “Farmall Cub”