This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

does anyone know maybe Jim becker does?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

does anyone know maybe Jim becker does?

Postby cjpenny89 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:38 am

Hi I have found a contact for some olf IH fertilizer hoppers. I have contacted the guy to find out what they are from. Did IH prety much have a standard base mount for these hoppers so they could be used on the cub, or an A planter or even and H? seems like the hoppers would all be the same? Any info on this guys?
Thanks
Chad Penny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cjpenny89 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:10 am

they came off and Ih 4-row planter and they are fiberglass. I sent him a picture of a cub one he said it looks like but not sure about the adjustment arm on the side.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:38 am

Don't want to get this one wrong, so I'll say yes and no.

IH made several different styles of fertilizer hoppers over the years, but they tended to only make one at a time and use it on a lot of applications. Since I don't know what the model (and thus age) of the 4-row donor, I don't know that they didn't slip something else in. The early hopper assembly used with the Cub had a round metal hopper and a single star wheel/feed. It was used on a lot of planters and fertilizer attachments. In the mid-'50s, the similar unit with the fiberglass hopper came along. This one was used to the end of Cub production. Although few parts of this hopper assembly were the same as the all metal one, they fit the same base. So they interchanged with no problem.

Here is where I get into speculation. I would expect them to have used the same hopper any place they could. So I would expect any similar looking hopper to fit the same base and interchange. But maybe not. They may have, for example, made one with a different capacity (size of the hopper). A larger one might not fit on a Cub even if the base is the same. Since this is the most likely way it may have changed, I would suggest you have the owner check the height of the hopper. If it matches, I'd take the chance on it. If the price was right, I'd probably grab all 4 if he has them. Good hoppers tend to be hard to find.

Return to “Farmall Cub”