This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

maintenance questions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bjgravley
10+ Years
10+ Years

maintenance questions

Postby bjgravley » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:04 pm

whats the best way to push the pulley up to tighten on the fan belt, also is steering box oil 90 wt. , also please explain how to clean crank case filler cap, and being i don't know how long it's been is it ok to drain and refill touch control with hytran until i have time to take apart and clean screen thanks alot the manual isn't always clear on some things

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ibrakeforrust
10+ Years
10+ Years

maintenance

Postby ibrakeforrust » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:44 pm

Bj,
loosen the nut on the pulley so it has a little freedom and then stick a big screwdriver or piece of rebar or crowbar in there and find a place to get some leverage. Lever the pulley where you want it and tighten. Just don't leverage against anything that you might break.
soak the filler cap in kerosene until the oil is dissolved then shake out the kerosene.
90 wt is what I use.
If your touch control has been working ok, it would be ok the add Hytran until later. But if it has been sitting for quite a while, you might want to clean the filter. I had a Cub where to touch hadn't been used in quite a while and I broke the cylinder when I engaged it.
Gerry

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:18 am

One additional note, to loosen the mount on the fan, turn the shaft, NOT the nut. There is a flat spot or a hex shape on the shaft to allow a narrow wrench to fit it. if you try to turn the nut, the ears holding the assembly to the front of the engine will usually break. It sometimes is a good idea to use a wrench to help hold the nut from turning when loosening, especially if it has been setting a long time.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:40 am

Just as a side note I found having the generator belt tight will help hold the fan straiter as yo tighten it.
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Return to “Farmall Cub”