This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dubois Pa PLow Day

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kevin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Dubois Pa PLow Day

Postby Kevin » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:16 pm

Does anyone go here? Sounds like something to see. Was wondering if anyone knew a date for it this year. Just wanted to know who was going.
thanks
Kevin
Kevin's 49er

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:41 pm

Kevin I have been waiting to find the date. I have a daughter, son in liaw and 4 grand kids in Punxy. Duboise is just down the road a piece.
Need the date because of weddings, graduations and other assorted happenings.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:29 am

May 20, 21 & 22 in Luthersburg, PA. 8) See IH Registry site for more details. It is NOW going to be a 3 day event to allow for tractor displays :wink: .
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Sat May 07, 2005 1:45 pm

I am in Punxyatauny for my daughters graduation from nursing School. I took a run to Luthersburg to locate the field. There are a group of people clearing up the place for the Plow days. It is a high point and over 2000 in elevation. There must have been severe Ice storms last winter and many branches broken off and trunks snapped and well as some up rooting. I am going to try to get there for the festivities. this is only 300 miles from home. Watching the plowing and how the plows are set up will be instructive for me.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Mon May 16, 2005 5:34 pm

Is any one else going?????????? A lot can happen between now and 5:00 am friday when I plab to leave. Probably take 6 1/2 hrs. My fathers 96 birthday is thurs so plans could change quick.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Mon May 16, 2005 7:19 pm

Just to make sure everyone understands, the tractors at this plow day are Cub Cadets and other brands of garden tractors, not bigger farm tractors. But don't let that keep anyone from going. If you have never seen what the little tractors can do, you owe it to your self to see it. The plow days held in PA normally don't have the acreage to play in that the ones in held in IN, IL, and IA do, and the ground is a bit rocky, but when you can plow 45-52 acres, 5"-8" deep, or more, with 75 -100 garden tractors, in about 6 hours time (including time spent BSing, telling lies, visiting,and just plain having fun) in the black dirt of IL/IA, it is something to see, and the local TV people are usually there to record part of it. PA will probably have a few less tractors and a bit less ground, but the overall results are about the same - a lot of fun for the plowee's, and a bit of amazement by the people watching. Don't go and expect to see ramrod straight furrows because you probably won't. Most of these guys had never plowed with anything until these plowdays got started a couple of years ago, and this will be the first time for some (but then there are farmers now that have never plowed, since that is seldom done anymore), but you won't find anything, or anybody, with anymore enthusiasm than the guy's, gal's, and kids pulling that 8", 10", or 12" Brinly plow through the dirt, be it in PA or IA. You need to see it.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Mon May 16, 2005 8:01 pm

Thanks for the heads up Paul but I saw some pictures of last years and there were cubs. My interest is caused by having a plow from TSC that I can not adjust to plow a furrow the the next pass covers with my green 1050. Big Dog John and others have told me how the plow and the right rear wheel must line up as well as how the share should be oriented but so far it has been no go. The next step should be to re-mout the rear tires. I need them where they are for back hoe work and hauling logs out of my woods. I dont want to keep changing tire and wheel mountings.
I now own a cub plow and a low boy fast hitch plow. I bought a fast hitch for my lowboy from Tom at TM Tractor. As soon as I can get time to install it I will use the fasthitch plow. I think that I will able to get good turnover that way. I can pull the 23A disk from the shoe of the fast hitch.
I hope to see how a plow should be set so that what you plow from the second furrow falls upside down into the first furrow. I am plowing sod and need all the sod kill that I can get.
The only down side for me will be if I see no cubs, and don't learn anything from the exehibitions. Thje up side of that is I will have more time to spend with my daughter and her family. It is my obligation as Grandpa to spoil my Grand daughters. I can spoil four of the eight in that house at one time.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Mon May 16, 2005 8:29 pm

I have been part of all the PA plow days (and most of the ones in IN, IL, IA), and the PA plowdays were hosted (for insurance reasons) by a different antique tractor club than the host is this time, and they had garden tractors plowing on Saturday, and bigger tractors on Sunday. It was actually two seperate plow days. This one is in conjunction with this club's spring show, and to my knowledge, the only plowing will be on Saturday by the garden tractors.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Mon May 16, 2005 9:04 pm

Thanks Paul. I still have option 2 spoil the grand kids. Less of course something happens with my father.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Tue May 17, 2005 9:39 am

Well there is a change of plans. My 95 year old father has come down with pnuemonia (or however you spell it). That puts off any 4 or 5 day travel plans for me. I'll have to spoil the grands another day.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue May 17, 2005 9:44 am

Bill, make sure Pop takes it easy. I hope everything works out for a speedy recovery for him.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”