This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carrier platform

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Carrier platform

Postby Bus Driver » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:02 pm

After searching, no dimensioned parts list/plans could be found for building the frame for this. But perhaps I just did not find it. I have the hitch point already. Probably the arms are about 36" apart and the vertical supports are about 12". But that is not certain.
Is this information on Rudi's website?

http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/carryall_001.htm
Luck favors those who are prepared

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Russ Leggitt
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 38655
Tractors Owned: [18] CUBs from 1947 thru 1974; "B" Farmall, [2] John Deere MTs; Ford 600; Ford 4000; and a 1956 IHC S112 Pickup [CUB Hauler]
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Carrier platform

Postby Russ Leggitt » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:45 pm

Bus Driver,

I sent you a "pm" addressing this.

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:04 pm

Apparently "Arizona" Mike did post such plans on Rudi's site. But apparently not accessible by Mozilla Firefox. To use Internet Explorer, I MUST accept Bing as my default search engine. I am not ready to yield that kind of control to Microsoft.

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:13 pm

The previous post of mine was started, then I was called to lunch (yum!) and finished typing it after eating.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:52 pm

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:11 pm

It may be that the design was for knock-down for shipping economy and a solid welded assembly would work just as well. It appears that the hitch point and the platform horizontal members are intended to be parallel to each other. I may tweak the design a bit to use materials that I have on hand. My thanks to all who helped.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:32 pm

I use Internet Explorer and do not use Bing as my default search engine.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Getting a bit off topic, when I open IE, a box pops up and the rest of the screen mostly blanks out. No way to get rid of the box except to click OK (to accept BING) or close that window. And with the box up, the window does nothing else.

lombard
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lombard » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:22 am

HI BUS DRIVER

I USE MOZILLA FIREFOX AND I CAN PULL UP INTERNET EXPLORER AND USE IT WITH NO
PROBLEM------I THINK YOU WILL HAVE TO GO BACK AND SEE HOW YOU PUT INTERNET
EXPLORER INTO YOUR P.C. AND MAY BE YOU CAN ELIMINATE BING------IM JUST GUESSING
MY SON SET THIS P.C. UP-------I JUST CLICK AND GO-----IM P.C. STUPID FOR ALL
PRACTICAL PURPOSES-------

GOOD LUCK
LOMBARD-----SC------

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:51 am

Bus Driver,
I don't think clicking to accept Bing as the default search engine will prove to be a big deal. You are probably stuck in an initial setup situation, where it needs SOME default before it will go on. When I am in IE, I can go to Tools/Internet options and select either Bing or Google. I don't remember if I had to do anything to make Google available as a choice, or if there are other choices to be had. In any case, I have only found 2 places in IE where this choice seems to make any difference.
1) Highlight some text, right click, the menu lists an entry "search with . . ." whichever is the default. (I never use this anyway, probably would save some keystrokes if I did.)
2) Type a partial address at the top and it will suggest completions that are found by the default search engine. (I have this feature turned off.)

The default search engine has no effect on going to google.com, or Yahoo or whatever.

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Initial setup may be the problem. This computer is about 1 1/2 years old and I have never used IE. I use Mozilla Firefox and Google.

In my search I found somewhere a dimensioned drawing with two pages of the CUB FAST HITCH POINT stating that dimensions are supplied by D. Bennett from a rear blade manufactured by Leinbach Machinery. I have two genuine IH implements for the 140 with fast hitch and the "points" on those appear to be forged to shape and size. The rounded corners make measuring with tape measure more difficult. Calipers will be used at some time in the future. But the dimension shown on the drawing as 2 1/4" does not match my implements at all. I measure about 1 13/16" at that place on the part.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:05 pm

I checked that dimension on the prong of a 194 plow. It was pretty close to 1 3/4. The bottom of that notch is at an angle and the other end was close to the 2 1/4 dimension.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:01 pm

BD:

I have been trying to fix the busted links as either I find them or they are pointed out. I will get that link fixed in a bit, there are a few other suspected ones I need to play with as well. The whole server will be Firefox compliant soon.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Old thread, but some of my projects linger a while between concept and execution.

Jim Becker posted the dimensioned carrier illustration at viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72519&p=584313&hilit=Carrier#p584167

I wonder if that carrier was designed exclusively for the Cub or was also intended for use with the 140? Looks to be plenty strong for the Cub. The materials I have on hand are a bit different and some adapting will be necessary to achieve comparable strength. The Section modulus of the .375 x 2 x 2.5 as used is .55 and I think I can achieve that by combining some of the stock I have on hand.

Russ Leggit sent me by PM some nice CAD drawings of a carrier that is a bit different, but either should work well. The point/spike shown in the CAD drawings is about 6" longer than the one I have. That would place the load area farther back from the tractor and reduce load capacity somewhat. Today's raw material prices insure that the point/spike will not be low cost. The one I have came from one of the small independent implement makers who has minimal business volume at this time. It would not fit the receiver without some work. While fitting it, I discovered some areas of the Fast Hitch assembly that needed attention. It seems to never end.
The point/spike I have should now work very well.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:13 pm

The same carrier was intended for both the Cub and the 140.

Return to “Farmall Cub”