This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New Page at TM Tractor Parts

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

New Page at TM Tractor Parts

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:21 am

Tom has just added a new information page to his web site. This page covers paint colors on tractors up through '63. He pulled a lot of information together into one place, including some that took a lot of digging to find. I have been over it with him and it looks pretty solid.

Take a look and see what you think. You can get to there from his main page, click on "Directory of Parts For Sale" then on " What color should my tractor be?"

Here is a direct link:
http://www.tmtractor.com/id/paintcolor.htm

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:03 am

With the information we have right now, it is impossible to tell exactly which serial number the change was made at. We have the date of the decision, but there are 2 major variables that come in after the decision:
1) How long did it take to get new decal stock in.
2) Did they say to use up existing decal stock or say to discard it.
Usually question 2 was answered in the original decision, although I don't know if it did in this case. Question 1 may not have even been known at the time of the decision.

However, if we change the question around to the specific, did Cub 2,131 have the circle Cub decal?, we can answer it because it doesn't fall into the gray area from 7/28 to the unknown date when the decals changed.

The first July '47 serial number was 1981 and the first August '47 was 3081. So 2131 was probably built very early July and would have had the circle Cub decal.

By the way, we have the same problem with the change from "McCormick-Deering" to "McCormick" in 1949. We have the date of the decision, but don't know exactly when that change actually got onto the tractors.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:11 am

Jim you never cease to amaze me. You are a veritable font of knowledge. We are very lucky to have you here to assist us. There are other knowledgable people here too.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:04 pm

Jim. Printed out and placed in my "Cub Book Of Knowledge"! ... :) .... Thanks.
Ron

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:28 pm