This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Play in steering

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
l5foye
10+ Years
10+ Years

Play in steering

Postby l5foye » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:48 pm

Sorry to bother you folks. I did try search and came up with 462 posts etc ! My cub has some play in the steering- wheel moves about 4-5" before wheels turn. I recall being told there is a way of correcting this-something about a shim. Can anyone kindly explain what I can do please?
Thanking you.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:01 pm

There are lots of possibilities here. That's why you see so many posts on the topic in your search. Watch your steering wheel shaft as you turn it in each direction. If you see the shaft moving in and out of the housing as you turn the wheel, shimming to reduce this movement will help. Wear on the sector gear will also aggravate this condition. Also loose tie rod ends, loose steering arm, worn knuckles etc. can all add to the problem. You need to examine the entire system to analyze the problem.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”