This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Looking for turf tires

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Looking for turf tires

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:11 pm

Does anyone know of a supplier of turf tires for the Cub?
I didn't see any turf tread at miller tire.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eric
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:26 pm

Last time I checked m.e. Miller had some. In there catalog, it is "type F". They list them for 8.3-24 "All Non-Skid" for $165 a tire, $19 for the tube.
Hope it helps.
-Eric

bobburke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07419

Postby bobburke » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:03 am

An alternative for penny pinchers like myself is to use large truck tires with 20" rims. The center mounting disk lines up perfectly with the rim flange. I broke the bead and drilled the 1/2" holes, mounted the disk and put air in the tires. Truckers are often happy about giving you their worn out wheels.
I mounted them in the beginning to mow the lawn but later found them great for plowing snow with chains. They have a larger contact patch and the chains don't fall into the treads. Also they are a bit heavier then turfs.

Return to “Farmall Cub”