This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

6 volt coil

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jmageras
10+ Years
10+ Years

6 volt coil

Postby jmageras » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:35 pm

Does anyone have a Delco or NAPA part number cross referenced to IH part number 353 874 R91 (6 volt ignition coil)?

I have checked antique-tractor.com but they only show a 12-volt coil. I know OEM has a replacement but I want to see if I can find one locally. Napa can get a 6-volt coil (part # IC-7) but they want to know if there is a resistor involved.

This is for a 51 Cub with ignition (no Mag). Thanks, Jim

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:54 pm

Don't have a p/n for you but as far as I know, no resistor is used on a 6 volt coil. Some coils are 6 volt and the resistor is used to drop the voltage for use with a 12 volt system. If NAPA can get you a 6 volt without a resistor then I would use that.

Hope this helps 8)

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:13 pm

I have seen 6v coils at TSC stores. A 12v coil will cut down the spark when used on 6v system. And a 6v coil used on 12v needs a resitor to cut the current down so it doesn't burn it out. I would think that any 6v coil will work just make shure it fits your bracket. I do not know if you have change the polarity of the leads because the cub is positive ground.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Return to “Farmall Cub”