This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

'Lug' on light switch broken

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:22 pm

That is a great idea Mike! Actually it may be best to just drill a pilot (afraid of what may fall off on the inside) and tap it for a screw.

I was a tech also, for the Navy, and went to a NASA approved soldering school. The only thing I remember well is a good 'mechanical' connection and my original idea does not fit that rule.

All the brains on this board, we can send someone to Mars. Oh, forgot the Governor of California has already been there!

THANKS!

Got all the ignition wiring done today and the spark plugs gapped and in place.

My second favorite tractors are Fords.... looks like you have a nice collection of them!

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mike Duncan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Duncan » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:28 pm

Tapping it should work as well, wasn't sure if you were willing to pry the whole assembly apart or not. Hope you get it fixed it operating to your satisfaction. I rebuilt the starter switch for my '44 2N using the same idea as the original switch for those years isn't made any longer. Like yourself, I'd much rather take something old and make it work rather than throw more money into it.
1939 Ford 9N Serial #144!!!, 1944 Ford 2N, 1948 Ford 8N and a 1950 IH Cub. Always looking for Cub implements as well!

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:42 am

NOSIH you are right, under the grime the lugs or tabs are labled!

Don't know how correct it is to soak it in vinegar, but I had pretty good results with the suggestion to soak the carb in vinegar as a cleaner that I would try it for the switch. Worked pretty good. I used a toothbrush to scrub. It's drying now.

The lug was missing when I got it, not the best picture but it gives you an idea of what it looked like originally. Note the mud in the starter switch insulator. That 'loop' insulator is also broken now and am not sure quite what to do about it.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”