This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Novice Here - Need Help With Rear Hitch for '62 Lowboy

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BobCrone
10+ Years
10+ Years

Novice Here - Need Help With Rear Hitch for '62 Lowboy

Postby BobCrone » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:20 pm

Hi,

I am a tractor novice, however I have a 1962 International Cub Lowboy with a 5' International belly mower. It has turf tires and all I currently use it for is to mow grass around our old airport. It does a beautiful job at this but I'd like more utility out of this tractor if possible, because I resurfaced the head and did some stuff to the motor and she runs real strong and I know she's capable of more work.

I've seen some (I think) that have rear hitches...I know they aren't 3-point hitchs, though. Mine has the lift in the middle of the tractor just to lift the belly mower.

Can someone help me with some very basic description and information regarding a rear lift for this tractor? I'd like to do some light landscaping with this tractor like using a light blade for smoothing some areas, and perhaps pulling a aireator or a dethatcher, etc. A landscaping rake would be great! I'll need some information on some useful implements, also.

Anyone help this novice???
:roll:
Thx.

Bob

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:31 pm

Bob welcome to the forum. The best things you can do is to read the new member welcome stuff and look at the implement pictures on TM Tractors webb pages. It will give you a good grounding in what is possible.
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1459
http://www.tmtractor.com/gallery.htm
You could also try the search on the top of this page and put in a subject. Many posts will usually show up for your topic.
The cub uses what is called a one point hitch.
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:34 pm

Hiya and welcome to the forum!

I have a 57 Loboy with what they call a Fast Hitch. It works off the hydraulics. It's a single point hitch. The tractor has the receiver (pocket), and the implements have the point.
On the fast hitch, there's also a shoe that pins just under the receiver with a hole in it for towing/pulling. Mine is large enough to attach a trailer ball to also.

If, all you want to do is 'tow' stuff, then perhaps all you need is a drawbar. That will require the correct brackets mounted to the final drives in the rear.

I'm not much more than a newbie here myself, there will be more info; hints and helpful data and advice from others to follow I'm sure.

There are ways to look up topics on our forum also, so you can read that too for help.

Pictures, drawings and manuals really help out too and can be found here or at least the links can be found here.

Happy Cubbing- Marion

BobCrone
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BobCrone » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:49 pm

Marion,

Thx for the reply. I already have a drawbar on it. I'll need a life as I might be working in some tight spaces and want to re-position the implements as needed.

I notice you've listed a blade as one of your implements. What do you do with that? And how well does it work?

Thx.

Bob

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:44 pm

I boogered up my blade mounting hardware and fabbed a cross member that goes between the final drive brackets so I could use my blade behind the tractor. The cancave surface of the blade faces rearward. It's lift comes via a chain draped over the fasthitch. When I lower it, gravity is all I wanted and it works out well.

I drag it in forward gear to level out the #57 limestone drive- works great.

I do the same thing for snow with the blade angled and that does an adequate job given the mounting and angle stuff that's in the way. We don't get tons of snow so I'm lucky there.

It will move (going in reverse) more horse crap than you care to smell too!! I had my son shovel it into the trailer box!!!!

One of these days when I can afford it I'll get a Cub with the loader on it that I can leave on and only use for that!! :lol: :lol:

For some thumbnail size pics go to CARM's post: "The blade I think I have", right here in the farmall cub forum. There's good pics of the 54 blade there and if you look down the thread you'll see my thumbnails of my "backblade". I couldn't get the full sized ones to show up! :oops: :?

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:49 pm

Let's try this: I have a pic album on the web, maybe you can see the full size versions from there. Let me know if the link doesn't work.

http://groups.msn.com/SmittysFamilyFunnyFarmPage

bobburke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07419

Postby bobburke » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:52 am

I would try and find a fasthitch set up for your loboy. Ih did not make any standard hitch implements that would work on a loboy. The good thing about the fasthitch is you can modify smaller 3point implements to fit by welding on a FH prong which can still be purchased new. I have several factory implements like a plow, disk and flail mower. I have also modified a stone rake, scoop and box blade. The fasthitch is a great unit and I cannot see why it did not catch on.

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:04 pm

Marion,
That is one spiffy low boy.job well done
Image On To Bigger Things

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:25 pm

Marion,
Nice Cubs. You know, I saw a set of fast hitch disks down by the road this AM. I sure hope the rightful owner comes and gets them before somebody carries them away! :lol: Did you get my reply to your msg?
Larry

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:09 pm

Larry,

You sure know how to hurt a guy!!!! :lol: Panic attack time!!

Yes, I'M SURE the rightful owner will indeed show up THIS SATURDAY to claim the prize!!! ( was that subtle enough a hint !!! hehehehe) :P :P

Hook or crook I'll make it there this weekend. We have things about wrapped up for plans and preparations to get started out Fri eve with the Percussion Line and the Winter Guard plus all the gear to head out to Dayton.

I'll try and give you a call later in the week on the landline.

thanks for the scare! -Marion

PS- still waiting on your vacation AWAY from home schedule !!!! :P :P :lol: :lol:

Return to “Farmall Cub”