This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Now I've Found it...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
3AcreCub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 3AcreCub » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:32 am

Thanks for the pictures, Jim. Is that your Cub? How about the 100? Both really nice. Denton is a great show and has lots more than tractors. This last summer I went to look at the Cubs specifically and to find out who the Cub vendors were. It worked out well as I picked up a catolog that I was able to use a couple of times.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Carm » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:23 pm

Mark, welcome to the board. not too long ago I was just a cub novice and new to the board. Lemme tell ya, this crew is like family to me now. What I've learned here versus the hard way has saved me more time and money than I have! The posts and now the chat room are all great fun and useful to boot. Keep askin the questions!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:17 pm

Mark:

I know I am kinda late, but here it goes anyways:

First, welcome to the greatest forum on the internet, and to the Cub Family. You will find that all the folks on this forum are kind, helpful and just full of Cub info and knowledge. They also happen to be the finest folks I have ever met :!: :D

Ok, so here is the spiel.

I would suggest that you read this thread: New Members and Visitors, Please READ. There are many great links to informative pages such as the ATIS FAQ's (both 1 and 2), The Best of H.L. Chauvin who has written very interesting articles on troubleshooting common problems with your Cub.

Also, you might want to visit the Cub Manual Server as there is tons of info on servicing, maintaining and re-building your Cub.

I would also recommend that you visit Binder Books and purchase the Owner's Manual, the GSS-1411 Service Manual and the TC-37F Parts Manual. Although they are available on the server, it is better is you also have your own paper copy. Binder Books is the only licensed IH publication reprint shop and they have the best quality.

I truly hope that you enjoy your Cub and that you will be a frequent contributor to the forum. Again, welcome to the Cub Family :D

Now as for your comments on manuals and question on gas. For gas I use just regular unleaded from the station up the street. Happens to be an Irving, but that isn't important. I have been adding Marvel Mystery Oil to Ellie the last little while and it seems to be helping. I also was able to get some Sea-Foam and I am going to put that in Granny and compare the two....

As for the manuals that you got burned on... I am really curious about them. Any info you could provide would be interesting......

As is stated in the welcome text above, the best manuals are available from Binder Books. They are the real deal as Binder is the ONLY licensed reproduction house for IH Manuals. Anything else is just a facsimilie - knock-off, such as J-S etc.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”