This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

NEED TO VENT!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BOB K.
10+ Years
10+ Years

NEED TO VENT!

Postby BOB K. » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:09 pm

Today I went out back to take the snowplow off the truck for the season and pull the mower for the cub out. I notice that IH54 grader blade which was NOS and never been used was gone. :shock: I was going to put it on my 50 Cub this year after I got done restoring it. I back up to Jewish Temple that they are putting up a new building. They cleared the land right up to my property. There was no fence seeing it was allways wooded back there. I call my friend who is a cop in the village I live in. Says nothing can be done. It must have been one of the workers. They only took the blade. All the mounting brackets, wheel weights and mower stuff was left. Boy that got me make as hell. Seeing it was NOS I will never find one agian. The nice thing was nothing was worn. :x

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:25 pm

Bob. That would tick me off, also. One of those "wish I could'a sent a pitbull after him" ... :evil:
Ron

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:05 pm

Hey Bob...Even down here, in the country, we have stuff stolen all the time :cry: . It's a sad commentary on what our society has become...folks who won't take responsibility for their own actions & folks who don't respect someone else's property :shock: .

Maybe all that "instant gratification" of the "me generation" did us more harm than good :roll: ! I'm sorry for your loss, but as a suggestion, notify your local tractor clubs that it's been stolen, and it may turn up on Ebay, or at a local tractor show on someone else's Cub :wink: !
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:49 pm

:twisted: I know what I would like to do :evil: I think it would be a good idea to inform whoever runs the temple. Call the genral contractor and have them ask their workers if thay have seen it. Don't point fingeres but you can let them know your disapointment with their morals. let them know that you are keeping an eye out for any more trouble. I am lucky to have good neibors and we wach out for each other. Also I walk around the yard with the shot gun at least once a month looking for pesky groundhogs and coons. So the peaple that drive down the road know that crazy guy with the gun isn't a good place to mess around :!:
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:20 pm

Bob that really bites.Any NOS blade I see or hear of you'll hear from me.Cowboy, we can't walk around here with a shot gun.(I have to shoot my M1 upstate) The Isle of Long has about 2 million people in this county.We have only 5000 acres of Farmland left.Our cash crop is people.Avg. house and taxes are astonomical.Get this there still building!Traffic whoa!!!! :shock: In the summer there's enough East Hampton wantabes.Takes you 55 minutes to go 20 miles.Bob I will keep my eye open :wink: But most of those laborers are from some third world areas and I would not be surprized if it was not on route to Equator. :roll:
1960 f-cub,IH Cub Cadet model 76, 125,
1957 IH350u

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:12 pm

I suppose you could file a law suit against them in your local court Does not usally cost much and you dont need a lawer at least here in NY Ask for a jugment for the cost of a new one plus fees,You could put an wanted ad for a perfect describe it blade for a tractor. And see if any one bites, Do you have a scrap iron place that buys nearby check them out, I once had a chain saw stolen by a contractor. Made me mad as heck and he was the only one around it. So I went to a place where he was working and said Hey My Mom said If your done borrowing the chain saw we need to cut some brush up and would apreatiate it back as soon as you are done with it.Son of a gun if it was not back on the porch in a few days. But I was 99% sure who took that though.
Just a few thought MagMan

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:23 pm

You have to be able to prove by a preponderance of the evidence who stole it. You can't just say they stole it even if you know who did. You must have proof. You might consider baiting them with something else and taking pictures. You could at least recover something or even maybe work a "deal" to get your blade back.
You're right. It really stinks. But the laws were written to protect the criminals.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:28 pm

I don't know if your homeowners insurance will help. but a casualty loss on your incometax might be possible. You need to file a police report for that to work. The NOS part could help the value..
Sort of like when you have lemons, make leomenade.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:42 pm

as i recall, we picked up a 54 bare blade last fall at the farm as part of an estate we were cleaning out. definately not nos, but if you can use it, and are interested, i'll check on it for you. won't help with your stolen blade, but will make a complete unit, at least.
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:16 am

I doubt if it was stolen to sell. There are far more valuable things that are easier to steal and fence. Can you really see a guy taking this to a pawn shop: Hey man, I got a NOS Farmall Cub blade. Nothing else, just the blaaaade... How much is it worth to ya?

Nope, whoever took it took it to use. Probably thought that since it was sitting in a pile in the back corner of your lot, it was junk and you'd never miss it.

Sad state of affairs, but if you don't want your stuff to become public property, free for the taking, you gotta protect it. Keep it locked up, chained to a tree, locked in a shed, up by the house (even if the missus complains).

BOB K.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BOB K. » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:03 am

Thanks for all the replys. The blade was with a set of gang mowers, front wheel weight, part of a fast hitch, all the mounting brackets for the blade, my boat and a tow behind campressor. Who ever took it just wanted the blade for another tractor. In 50 years of my family living here we never had a problem until they cut down the wood last spring to expand the temple. I know in the back some place a kid with a ATV lives. I will have to find where he is. Some kids might have thought they could make it fit on the ATV. I am just think of who might come back here. I plan on talking to the forman of the site to see if he knows anything. I won't blame anyone just say maybe someone thought it wasleft there and wasn't anyones. "Even with all the other stuff next to it" and see what happens. It has just had me so fired up. I now am going to put locks on the barn and plan on putting up a fence along the back, the first time since we been here. Thanks agian guys.

P.S. If a NOS blade was to be found "fat chance that was once in a life time" what would worth? It had surface rust in some spots but all the decals where in great shape and even still had the dealer stock/part# tag on it.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:48 am

Bob:

I really feel bad about what happened. It really is a sad commentary on what society has come to. It really is a shame.

Unfortunately, a NOS item such as that is probably priceless, and I am not sure what it would be worth. But, I probably would guess for insurance purposes about twice to three times what a complete used setup would be worth. Just a guess, but probably close.

Again, my heart goes out to ya. It is a real heartbreaker when stuff like that happens.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship