This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Happy lady

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:44 pm

Have your video camera running when she tries it the first time. AFV pays good money. Might get the new mower paid for.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:23 pm

8) Good to see that the ground is quite level. It definatly got my heart going when the one I was running started sliding down the hill it didn't eaven have enought traction to turn it sideways and I know it picked up speed as I was spinning the wheels backward :!: They ended up spending $34,000 on a quickcut that was garenteed to cut on 1 to 1 slope (45 degree) I would say that the toro will safly cut a steeper slope than a cub will.

Have fun Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Tom Evans
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49032

Postby Tom Evans » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:56 pm

George,
I was looking for a used zero turn a few years ago, but after looking at mowers with 3000 + hrs, my wife insisted on buying a new Kubota diesel ZTR (darn). It was on of the best purchases we (she) ever made. I cut my mowing time by at least 2/3rds, and it's fun too. At first she wouldn't come close to it, now that she's learned to drive it, I can't keep her off it. I've been relegated to the weed wacking and the less glamorous push mower details. The ZTR will be a real time saver. One thing to watch for is when you make sharp turns, it will peal, the grass where the tire pivots. To avoid this, slow to a stop, pull both handles back to start going in reverse, then push forward the handle for which way you want to turn, while still holding the other in the reverse position. That way you have one wheel going in reverse and the other forward. This will keep the grass from getting torn out. Good luck!

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:24 pm

I got rid of my weedwacker and push mower both after the exmark purchase. I eliminated all the areas that required both trimmers by making wide radius around the yard obstacles and connecting narrow passes between plantings and such. I get a pallet of mulch- they forklift it right onto the truck- and then we go around and put it down every late spring. Looks nice and saves even more time! Went all around the house and the whole yard with this and it didn't take too long either. Maybe me an Bigdog can trek up there and handle the chore for ya if you want George.

Oh, the other thing you have to do is go around the whole yard and make sure there's nothing sticking out or hanging down to whack your better half in the face or head!! For some reason they don't seem to like that.....they all come with the ROPS now....even if you DON'T need it....so you'll have to make sure that clears everything. If you jamb the ROPS under a branch big enough the zturn WILL pop a wheelie......darn if the girls don't see the adventure in those either!!!!

One other gizmo I got for my z turn was the rear hitch plate-indespensible. A bit pricey for 2 pcs of steel with 3 holes in them but it went right on and I was in business!

I hope Bigdog ain't mad that I 'volunteered his time !!! :roll: :lol:

Not tearing the turf comes with practice and finess with the handles when switching directions. It's a fact of life with these....the grass grows back....no biggee for me anyway- I'm thrilled my honey and kids mow for me.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:43 pm

I get a pallet of mulch- they forklift it right onto the truck- and then we go around and put it down every late spring. Looks nice and saves even more time! Went all around the house and the whole yard with this and it didn't take too long either. Maybe me an Bigdog can trek up there and handle the chore for ya if you want George.

The mulch isn't on a pallet. I have 3 or 4 dump trucks of chips from a tree trimmer to use for that purpose. Best thing I can think of for now is to continue using roundup wherever the mower can't go. A little tank sprayer on the golf cart makes it a fun job. I always plan to be near an air line whenever the tank pressure gets low... no pumping. I think I can handle the golf cart O K... I drove it around so Marilyn could clean the sparrow nests out of the bluebird boxes last week. I just drive slow so it isn't rough.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce