This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

First Carb Job

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
KYMike
10+ Years
10+ Years

First Carb Job

Postby KYMike » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:44 pm

Well, it's spring time and the old leaky carb is due for a rebuild. I got a IH rebuild kit and yanked the carb but I would like the experience of the members on how I should go about it. Someone at work told me brake fluid was good for boiling out a carb or should I go with Gunk? Any suggestions on assembly? Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Mike-
'53 Cub - You can make a small fortune in farming, provided you start with a large one.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:46 pm

Mike - go to NAPA and get a gallon can of carb cleaner. You got the right kit, don't skimp now. :)
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:34 pm

Mike,

I use a gallon can of CHEM-DIP to soak my carbs in. A small metal basket is included to hold the parts. I leave the carb and parts in for a few days then rinse with carb cleaner and blow the passages out with compressed air. Now would also be a good time to visit Rudi's site and view Lurker Carl's Cub Carb Fixes.

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Maintenance%20Tips%20and%20Techniques/Lurker%20Carl's%20Cub%20Carb%20Fixes/index.html
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman