This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

More on Paint

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years

More on Paint

Postby Dave in Md » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:14 am

I've been reading the various posts about paint, the types, tints, additives, all that stuff. I've learned a lot from the members of this forum. What I can't quite piece together is the 'how'. For the most part the paint isn't too nasty. When the additives enter the picture, hardner in particular, the process of applying paint safely changes. I'm guessing this is being done at home, where I intend to paint mine this summer, hopefully. How are you folks accomplishing this without ending up like a wasp that just got saturated with a blast from the can of Raid?
Dave

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:32 am

I guess a great big fan blowing out. Don't do as was on the forum last summer. Some one had the great big fan and it blew the spray mist out the window on to the neighbors garage or car. I forget exactly which but it was not good neighborly.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

bobburke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07419

Postby bobburke » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:27 pm

I set up a small booth in my barn to spray stuff. I use plastic drop cloths to create a room around the piece to be sprayed. 2x4 lumber sandwiching the plastic to the ceiling and floor keeps it from moving around. On one end I place a fan blowing outside, I use a cheap box type fan, the induction motor create no sparks as long as you use the plug to turn it on. Then on the other end I put 2 24" x24" furnace filters, like the ones used in force air heating ducts. The filters allow air into the room. Check with the paint maker as to what kind of resperator to use and the cartridge type. One more thing, just before you paint wet the floor to keep down dust.