This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Getting her started again.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
kinelbor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04762

Postby kinelbor » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:48 pm

Where in Maine are you from? Good luck with the tractor, it sounds like your on the right track looking for something out of place. Are all the valves free? I had a lawnmower that I couldnt turn over becuase a valve was stuck.
Nik - 1948 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:57 am

Keep at it 8) 8)
Pat

huisjen
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby huisjen » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:06 pm

Kinelbor, I'm on the Blue Hill Peninsula. Valves are free. We checked them way back when by lifting them with the tip of a screwdriver.

Dan

huisjen
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby huisjen » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:29 pm

Slowly progress is made.

I finally pulled the head. I found a sheared off screw head that must have fallen throught he spark plug hole of the #3 cylinder. It was sitting on top of the piston, and wasn't quite flat enough to let the piston top out and keep turning. It must have been in there as I tried to start it, sitting over by the valves, and worked it's way onto the piston where it stuck the engine.

So now I'm slowly reassembling the engine. One of these months I'll be ready to try starting again. If only I'd pulled the head first instead of last... It seems relatively easy compared to getting the oil pan back on and meshing the right gear teeth in the magneto and governor.

Dan

Return to “Farmall Cub”