This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Transmission (Updated)

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
pan60
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: A Farmall 100 Ford 8N, six Farmall Cub's, and two David Bradley walk behinds, and a un-know walk behind.

Re: Transmission (Updated)

Postby pan60 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:52 pm

Buzzard Wing wrote:As a quick update.... I wasn't paying full attention and ordered the B-1210-OH.

the B-1210-OH, is NOT the correct one for a Cub transmission.

Not the best time to find out, was going to press it in... no press needed, it almost fell through (I was holding it).

I almost order some of the B-1210-OH bearings today, very glad I didn't. What stopped me was seeing the measurement on line and realizing the stock bearing is larger than one inch.

so;

the B-1210-OH, is NOT the correct one for a Cub transmission.
pan60.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:54 pm

Not sure the correct solution, but possibly if the bearing in there seems fine it may be best to leave it??

The other advise may be that it is best to run the tractor in gear and not just in place to keep that needle bearing lubed? Surely there are many applications where the bearing isn't constantly oiled and likely would not be a problem. The other side of that is the other surface is a pretty important shaft, pretty much yard art without it.

The 'no-hole' version seems fine, but not a lot of miles on that Cub, the Lo Boy does all the work around here. Seems IH over-engineered everything, look at all the Cubs with near zero maintenance still doing fine.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:45 am

That transmission ran fine for many many years without the oil hole lining up. Essentially, this would be the same performance given as a "no oil hole bearing". Perhaps it would have lasted a few more years with the oil hole, but that thing lasted quite well being just splash lubed.
I would expect another 30+ years of service out of that bearing with or without the oil hole.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Return to “Farmall Cub”