This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A Gentleman, a Scholar and master of 3 point hitch...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:53 am

Hi John. The advantage of the one I built over Worksaver, is you can re-install your drawbar and have a mowing deck too. The arms should not hit, if everything is set-up properly. The only reason SS had a slight problem installing the rear cylinder bracket, is because the Woods engineers, like many others, have too much time on their hands :shock: and felt the need to make different changes, to show their boss they are doing something. I'm surprised a roll of tp or paper towel still fit the standard holders :D . The hitch was fitted on a cub with a Woods hitch with a "C" channel cross brkt and SS's, turned out, has a round tube, so one brkt was out of place on the woods mount.
I'm in the process of selling my house right now, to move farther out in the country and build a big barn so I'm not tripping over things. As soon as I get things up and rolling, I plan on producing the 3 points with either the T/C powered hitch or the optional rear cylinder hitch. I even am planning to offer some sort of machine work options for those on the forum who don't have the time or equipment to do things theirselves. So be patient, hopefully I'll have a busy spring/summer in re-aorganizing.
Thanks, Rick(billyandmillie)
thanks SS, you must be having fun with the cub :D
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:07 am

8) Thats great Rick You can never have enought property. Did you find a new place yet. The place I have is good for what I am doing now. But I wish I had more now.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

Bar for mower...

Postby SundaySailor » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:12 am

As Rick (BillieandMillie) said, there was a slight modifiaction to one bracket that needed to be made. Once that was cut down, it fit much better than OJ Simpson's glove! :roll: The only thing I know of that does hit is the drawbar when the lower lift arms are on the lowest possible position. And, I haven't seen anything implement wise that I've measured that would be that low anyway. I know the local farmers who've seen this setup just smile and you can see them getting their gears going in their minds. Keep 'em thinking! I surely hope Rick does crank up his new shop. He can design, and fabricate with the best of the best.

SS
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:41 am

Another fine craftsman:

I just got a note from Gene Dotson that he's planning to follow my suggestion and invite a mutual friend from DeGraff, Norm Quay, to CubFest. For you guys who appreciate fine craftsmanship, Norm does really fine work on sheet metal such as battery boxes and tool boxes. I hope Norm can make up a few of each and have them there for sale. His are powder coated exact copies... you won't find any finer. If any of you need a box, speak up.

I usually make my own boxes, but I may buy one of Norm's for Shorty.

Norm also makes boxes for many other tractors of various colors.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Tractor Tom
10+ Years
10+ Years

clean design

Postby Tractor Tom » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:03 pm

From what I can see from the photos, it really looks a like a cleaner design and nicely fabricated. I like to fabricate also but I'm not in that league :D .
So many tractors, so little time......

JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:24 am

Rick
that was funny what u said about engineers and too much time on their hands.... i said that alot too when i worked in field until i became an engineer! I really enjoy looking at pics of your work, i cant say that enough.
SS
the reason why i asked the question about lower arms interfering is sometimes i see contractors bend their hitches on the frames of other attachments, especially when they drive backwards and hit something. have you done any gardening yet with your 3pt hitch stuff yet??
John

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

JBall...

Postby SundaySailor » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:22 pm

Not just yet. I've run into a few more problems with my old Cub. The PO didn't take real good care of it, and I'm paying for it (literally) right now. I'm trying to get prices to get the engine rebuilt before long, and don't really trust pushing it hard before the rebuild. I like to err on the side of caution. I'd rather have a good engine block for a rebuild than to have to go searching for one because I let my poor judgement do the driving. I've seen little or no oil pressure on the old gal, and I know better than to push it hard.
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Return to “Farmall Cub”