This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Deluxe seat dimensions & construction

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Deluxe seat dimensions & construction

Postby Matt Kirsch » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:01 am

All these questions about the deluxe seat got me to thinking...

The base is just plywood, right?

What are the dimensions for the base and backrest?

I've been subjected to too many of those home improvement shows on TLC, and it seems to me that I could build a replacement seat cushion with some materials from the fabric store. I know lots of people who can sew. A slab of 3/4" pressure treat, some dense foam rubber, a couple yards of white vinyl, a few feet of piping...

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:09 am

Matt - according to one e-bay seller his cushions are:
SEAT BOTTOM CUSHION MEASURES 19 1/2" LONG x 14 1/2" WIDE, SEAT BACK CUSHION MEASURES 19 1/2" LONG x 5" WIDE.

(taken right from his ad)
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:46 pm

Mat if you make one make the grain if the ply wood for the saetback go up and down, My wife recovered mine and the seatback was rotted. I made a new one with the grain cross ways (the log way) and could not bend it to curve properly.
We were not looking for PC so Bev just did it in one piece and pleated the corners. It was grey Vinel with a cloth backing that she had left over from a Girl Scout something or another. It is at least 10 years ago and is great.
Oh the corners are rounded (about the curve of a quart paint can. There are 2 air holes in the bottom of the seat. I hang it on a nail in the shed for storage. Don't want critters chewing it up for the salt from sweat.
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop