This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Delux seat

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bjgravley
10+ Years
10+ Years

Delux seat

Postby bjgravley » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:21 am

looking from the back of the cub , when i look at the delux seat it is leaning to the right , i messured to see if something was bent and it looks like that the left hand bracket is setting on top of the lift , which is about 7/8 " thick and thats the amount the seat is leaning to the right, will i have to cut the left hand bracket off at the top to make it level? any insight would be great my cub is a 62 with a bent gear shift so the delux seat should be on there thanks for any help

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:46 am

I hpave no experience in your particular problem. How ever if the lift can be mounted any other way I would put a piece under the low one if it is a problem. I would never cut if it could be shimmed. Wait till some on more experienced wakes up and answers.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Ralph » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:52 am

Do not cut it cut a peice of flat drill two holes to shim up under the bracket i have done it several times.
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:48 am

Curiosity got the best of me, so I went and checked my '63. Sometime in the past someone cut the right bracket off and welded a piece of angle to the bottom to make up the difference. That makes the seat somewhat higher than original. I think the shim is a LOT better idea.

I always thought it was too close to the steering wheel, so I drilled new holes so I could move the seat back about 2 1/2". Much better. Then I noticed that a straight shifter would now work, but I never got it changed (I hate that short little shifter). I slipped a piece of tubing over the shifter that almost touches the touch control quadrant... much nicer to shift.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Farmall Cub”