This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

choke rod

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kevin
10+ Years
10+ Years

choke rod

Postby Kevin » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:16 pm

My 49 cub is missing the original choke rod it was replaced with a cable that doesn't work very well If I get a new rod How do I hook it to the carb it seems they changed something where it would hook? How do I know which carb I currently have? previous owner said it was replaced with a brand new one several years ago. also does IH/Case still make this piece http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 71475&rd=1
thanks for the help
Kevin
Kevin's 49er

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:19 pm

Your carb will either say IH (orignal) on the side, or Zenith (replacemnt) usually on top. Those arms are not sold by Ih anymore, and the originals will not work, the Zenith shaft is smaller. George wWiller at one time had some he had made for the Zenith. You sometimes have to tkae part of the extra hardware off the choke shaft to use it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:42 pm

If it is an IH carb they are available for $43.00. Thats the part that fastens the rod to the shaft of the carb. I ordered one and was shocked at the price. I had thought that a buck and a quarter would be about right + $8.00 for shipping still under ten bucks but it is $43.00. I know I repeated my self.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”