This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic Block ?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bamacub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hydraulic Block ?

Postby Bamacub » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:57 pm

I have just disassembled my first block/valve unit. The filter strainer was almost gone, less than half was still there. The tear down went good, the problem I am having is removing the safety valve bushing, regulator valve bushing & check valve bushing. The manual sez these bushings can be removed using expanding snap ring pliers. If these are not removed & O rings changed what effect will this have or could O rings be damaged during clean up using parts washer solvent. Thanks for any help.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:26 pm

Yo Bama
Any type of parts cleaning solvent will expand the o rings.Safety -kleen and any type of solvent blows them up.Its a old trick to make them seal better... :evil: not good .Try to remove them and make everything brandy new.Just my 2 cents
1960 f-cub,IH Cub Cadet model 76, 125,
1957 IH350u

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:22 pm

Those fittings are somtimes hard to get out, but have a little patience. A apir of snap wring pliers will usually grip the interioe enough to wokr them out.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:21 am

This home made tool gets the job done.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Bamacub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bamacub » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:27 pm

Thanks for your help guys. I got ahead of myself & ask too much. The block I have is the early style. Went back to the shop this morning & relooked at it everything & finished the take apart. I would like to give a big thank you to Tom at TM Tractor & Ronnie at Colubia Tractor, these guys went the extra mile helping find parts.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:04 pm

George:

I sure would like some info on that thar tool.. :idea: :idea: Looks like a good one. Any chance you can put some dimensions on that there thing, and I can post it to the server? Perfect example of a useful tool that anybody could make with a little help.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”