This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sickle Bar Mower Question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
crackervr6
10+ Years
10+ Years

Sickle Bar Mower Question

Postby crackervr6 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:10 pm

Do you have to remove the fast hitch assembly to install a sickle bar mower? The mower is a IH brand that shoots off to the right with the pully bar heading towards the rear PTO parallel with the driveline.
Thanks
Matt
acanter@triad.rr.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:58 pm

I don't have a fast hitch my slef, but I understand you need a spacer to make up the space on the mounts, and jsut attach it over the fianl drive brackets.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:33 pm

I put the L-22 on my Loboy with fast hitch a couple years ago to try it out.

Didn't have to remove anything that was part of the FH. Had to make sure the draw bar was cranked all the way up though.

Don't know if the same holds true for regular cub or not.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:01 pm

The Cub-22 on a Farmall is a little different then the L-22 on a Lo-Boy because the Cub-22 bolts to the final drive, same place the Fast-Hitch does. Originally there were a few different bits supplied with the mower to work with Fast-Hitch. You should be able to make it work with some spacers to square up the rear of the mower. Depending on what belt guard you have, it may not be able to be used. Having the hitch depth control fully up is required and will limit what you can do with the hitch.