This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1960 International Cub Lo-Boy, Color question?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AndyC
10+ Years
10+ Years

1960 International Cub Lo-Boy, Color question?

Postby AndyC » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:58 am

Thanks to BigDog and EZ for the help in determining the year of the tractor. Also, thanks EZ for pointing me to farmallcub.com site. Now to the question.... I have a 1960 Cub Lo-Boy that has been painted several times. From the paint flakes I can tell it has been red, yellow/white and is now a type of pea grean ( Hard on the eyes ). What is the best resource to find the original color skeem for the tractor? Also, best place to track down replacement sheet metal parts? grill, etc...

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:08 am

Andy, there is no easy way to say for sure what color your cub was originally. It could have come from the factory in just about any color. (except maybe pea green)
If you picked several spots on the tractor and scraped away each layer of paint down to bare metal you might determine the original color.
The real point here is this: It's your tractor. What color do you want it to be? If you want a red tractor, paint it red, if you want a yellow tractor, paint it yellow. Obviously the previous owner must have wanted a pea green tractor although I cannot image why.

Replacement sheet metal can be obtained from J.P. Tractor Salvage or T.M. Tractor. Both are advertizers on this forum. E-bay is also another source for parts. Just don't get carried away on what you spend on e-bay.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:34 am

When all else fails, paint it IH red, I always say.

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:24 pm

Andy,

Welcome to the best tractor site on the www. You will find some great folks over here who can answer and help out on all facets of the Cub line.

Rudi will chime in I'm sure and give you some links to his server which has manuals for viewing, as well as alot of other helpful advice, including paint codes etc...

Enjoy the ride.
Just Do It !

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:01 am

A 1960 Cub lo-boy could very easily be yellow or orange from the factory.
Many were sold as highway mowing tractors. As others have said what ever color you like. If it was a color other than red from the factory I would paint it that. It is a lot easier to find at the Cubarama.
Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:25 pm

Andy:

K, I guess EZ had it right. Tried to post over on YT but that forum is doing freaky things lately. Also, it is not the greatest Cub forum around. :roll: :roll: :lol: This one is the best.
:!: :!: :D :D :D :lol:
I guess it is time for the spiel, so here goes:

First, welcome to the greatest forum on the internet, and to the Cub Family. You will find that all the folks on this forum are kind, helpful and just full of Cub info and knowledge. They also happen to be the finest folks I have ever met :!: :D

I would suggest that you read this thread: New Members and Visitors, Please READ. There are many great links to informative pages such as the ATIS FAQ's (both 1 and 2), The Best of H.L. Chauvin who has written very interesting articles on troubleshooting common problems with your Cub.

Also, you might want to visit the Cub Manual Server as there is tons of info on servicing, maintaining and re-building your Cub.

I would also recommend that you visit Binder Books and purchase the Owner's Manual, the GSS-1411 Service Manual and the TC-37F Parts Manual. Although they are available on the server, it is better is you also have your own paper copy. Binder Books is the only licensed IH publication reprint shop and they have the best quality.

I truly hope that you enjoy your Cub and that you will be a frequent contributor to the forum. Again, welcome to the Cub Family :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:20 pm

I thought I posted to this thread earlier. Maybe it was lost among the site crashes?

Red was probably the most common original color in 1960. The grill, front wheels and rear wheel disks would have been white. Rear rims originally galvanized or something similar. If it had wheel weights, they should have been white too. Other than the few things that got masked, the rest was red.