This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

The Cub from Argentina (Clutch info needed)

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub restoration from Argentina

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:14 am

nicolascub wrote:Image

I agreed with the others until this question. That rod should be straight.

There was another version of this part that had 2 small bends, but the middle of this one should be completely straight. Pictures here.
http://www.tm-tractor.com/gdr/rod2_001.htm

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

nicolascub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 5889
Skype Name: nicolashayes
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall Cub

Postby nicolascub » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi everybody! i just came from a week out of home so i couldn't work much on the Cub!.
Today i finished to assemble the rear axle, changed all the oil retainers and leave the original bearing, they where really good!.
Just in case, if some body has a governor bumper spring for charity :D i would like to have one! mine is missing.
Here are more pictures of how i am going.

The big planter, do you know how many rows can a Cub pull?
new washer here
old picture when i started to tear down the tractor many time ago

Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel

Postby Joe Malinowski » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:48 am

Nicola, I am really enjoying all of your posts and seeing the progress on your cub it all looks great. A good friend of my daughters is in Paraquay with the peace corp. She is working with agriculture and helping people with being more sustainable in thier raising food. Her experience and now your posts show me again how much we take for granted here. Great job keep posting.
Joe
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Nicolas, PM me your address and I'll try to send you a bumper spring if I can get it through customs. I have a few extra.
Like the pics! Keep them coming!

nicolascub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nicolascub » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:00 am

Joe Malinowski wrote:Nicola, I am really enjoying all of your posts and seeing the progress on your cub it all looks great. A good friend of my daughters is in Paraquay with the peace corp. She is working with agriculture and helping people with being more sustainable in thier raising food. Her experience and now your posts show me again how much we take for granted here. Great job keep posting.

Thank's Joe, nice to hear from you! i have been in Chile for some days, so i have not done much work on my Cub. I'm studying agriculture right now in Argentina.
I will keep posting the progress!.

nicolascub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nicolascub » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:05 am

I bought a set of front tires from the states, they cost me barely more expensive than buying here automotive tires, there is no tire size for farmall cub down here. I found the rear ones luckily.
Here are some pictures of the tractor, i have been off for ten days, probably this weekend i will work some more!

Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518

Re: Cub from Argentina "updates"

Postby Rick Spivey » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:14 pm

Looking VERY Good!!
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Nicholas:

Looking very good. That is gong to be one good looking Cub when you are all done :!: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

nicolascub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nicolascub » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Hello people, its been a while since last post. I started the university semester so i don't have much time to work in the Farmall Cub.
Yesterday my uncle came from Nebraska and brought me some parts (TOB with roller bearing, TOB yoke release , yoke pivot pin, free gas cap, light seals)
i wonder how do i assemble the TOB yoke release because the old one was welded and i guess it is assemble with a bolt right? if some body has a picture would be very nice.

The free gas cap and the light seals, I can't believe how good is the service in the States, here in Argentina when you buy something, warranty never works at all, never, and they send me a gas cap for a 50 years old tractor :)
new TOB and yoke.
How i do assemble this parts together? the old TOB was a bearing to, brand was NICE Bearing, and it has two small springs that hold the bearing plate to the yoke pivot pin, this springs do the function to place the TOB always facing the clutch fingers, but the new TOB does not has two small holes to put the little springs. Need some info with that.. because without those springs the Bearing will touch the fingers most of the time..
Thanks!

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Re: The Cub from Argentina (Clutch info needed)

Postby RaymondDurban » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:57 pm

Nicolas, I've never seen a TOB bearing like that. The two holes in the yoke seen in the last pic, the front has a nut and bolt to hold it together, the rear has a pin that holds the rod going to the clutch pedal.
Did you get the bumper spring as well for the governor?

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:31 pm

RaymondDurban wrote:I've never seen a TOB bearing like that.
Me either.

In you last picture, of the throw out bearing, the thicker/wider portion of the carbon goes toward the pressure plate fingers, the front of the tractor.

Edit: The IH throw out bearings have a solid interior and a grease zerk. The throw out bearing is greased with cheap grease. I don't see any way that this bearing could be greased.
I have an excuse. CRS.

nicolascub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nicolascub » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Thank you Raymond for the spring, i got it! i didn't install it yet.
One more question about the TOB, i guess the two small springs in the old tob where for holding the bearing to avoid the contact between the shaft and the bearing, how the new one is hold so it won't touch the main shaft, because it look like it will spin a little toward the clutch when the clutch is disengage. i just don't know how it works....
Thank you!

nicolascub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nicolascub » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:46 pm

Eugene wrote:
RaymondDurban wrote:I've never seen a TOB bearing like that.
Me either.

In you last picture, of the throw out bearing, the thicker/wider portion of the carbon goes toward the pressure plate fingers, the front of the tractor.

Edit: The IH throw out bearings have a solid interior and a grease zerk. The throw out bearing is greased with cheap grease. I don't see any way that this bearing could be greased.

Eugene a good way to grease the bearing when you want to be sure that it won't brake because a lack of grease. Is to use a small metal can or old pot and put a small quantity of bearing grease, as much as the bearing height, and warm it up till is very liquid, then soak up the bearing for half an hour.. a lot of grease will get in and when the grease get cold the density will be as regular grease again..

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby RaymondDurban » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:48 pm

There should be no springs in there. They were probably added by a previous owner for some reason. Just like you have it in the photo, with the exception of the missing bolt and nut, is how it is installed. Be sure to report back on the operation and reliability of the TOB and your source. It's not the usual replacement thats available here.
Glad you got the bumper spring! I'm sure you'll put it to good use! :D

nicolascub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nicolascub » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Hello again, have been some time but i still keep working to have the Cub finish.
I have some pictures to show you (one picture is better than words some times)
I installed the Engine and the front axle already! look very good. Had some trouble to put the shaft in the engine thru the clutch, i had no alignment tool, so i used my eyesight :).

Taking the front tires for assembly

The touch control ready and with a coat of primer

This is a mod for the TOB, otherwise like there was nothing to hold in place the bearing i thought it will no work properly

Some progress shown here

I did restore the old gauge, i want to keep as more original parts as i can, i will post later the final look of the gauge :D

painting the needle

Clear coat of the background, is has a lot of cracks and wears but it gives a look of the real age of the tractor (61 years)

Return to “Farmall Cub”