This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

2" Trailer Ball with 5/8" shank

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mikethefixitman1
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45417
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall CUB
129 CUB CADET
180 JD YT
160 JD YT
Various yard tractors and various brands
TOTALING 10

Re: 2" Trailer Ball with 5/8" shank

Postby mikethefixitman1 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:44 pm

I think I have several 1 /7/8 and 2" balls with 5/8 shanks or 5/8 screw in bolts,somewhere in a tool box. I dont use then for anything. WHAT I did for ME was buy a bolt on receiver from HF. When I want to pull the 16 ft flat with 2/5/16 ball with the CUB I use its drawbar. When I want to pulled the 10 flat with the cub I use its 2"ball on its drawbar. I also have a bare drawbar that I can just slide in the reciever if I want to pull a farm wagon or something with that style of tongue.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Postby Lt.Mike » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:43 pm

Scrivet wrote:I was buying some trailer stuff at etrailer.com a while back and while just browsing around came across a 2" ball with a 5/8" shank. I had never seen one with a 5/8 shank to fit right into the holes in the drawbar without having to enlarge them. $14 plus shipping.
http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Balls-sz-5%7C8_Inch_Diameter_Shank-pc-2_Inch_Diameter_Ball.aspx

This is the ball I was talking about and if that's all your going to put in the receiver go this route, it's fine. I used it for a couple of years and it's plenty strong enough.
I only use the receiver now as I switch out for a hook for straps when dragging logs, a receiver mount basket and a simple pin hitch for a small JD dump cart.
The pin hitch is better hooked back from the drawbar as when hooked directly to it it limits the turning radius.
Mike
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Postby Lt.Mike » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:47 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I think that 5/8 shank will handle anything a cub will pull or stop.

...and if it can't you probably shouldn't be pulling it with a cub.
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

Return to “Farmall Cub”