This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Nobody rebuilds the pulleys

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years

Nobody rebuilds the pulleys

Postby Dave in Md » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:49 pm

I stopped at my local IH dealer this evening on my way home to pick up the seals and gaskets I had to order for my belt pulley. While chating with the parts guys I was told that neither of them ever remembers selling these parts. One of the fellas has been there quite a few years. They wanted to know what foul event happened to mine that I needed this stuff. I got some funny looks when I told em nothing 'happened', I just wanted it to keep the lube on the inside.
I guess since the belt pulley could be kept operational by stuffing just about any kind of lubricant in the cavity that's all that was ever done. That would also explain why I had to scoop out whatever was in mine (the original lubricant?).
I found this comment from the dealers parts guys interesting and thought I'd share.
Does anybody have a feel for how much the typical belt pulley got used? Besides a buzz saw, what else was driven by belt with a cub?
Dave

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:28 pm

Dave, there were a number of small mills, grinders, planers etc. that can be driven with the belt pulley.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:39 pm

Like Big dog said . Many atachments but I don't think the cub was used like other tractors because of the high RPM and going the opposit direction.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:42 pm

Dave,

Maybe you can get lucky and find a setup like this. Wendell has sold this one.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Dave in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave in Md » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:59 pm

I think Rube Goldberg would even be proud of a setup like that!
Dave

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:30 pm

I think most of them are laying on shelves in barns, since they had to be removed for so many of the attachments.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”