This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

E-bay seller still at it!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:59 am

I like the new this image stolen from etc.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:36 am

Hey Boys...I'm sorry I missed seeing my Carol Elizabeth Cub photo being used by this LOW-LIFE, TRACTOR-PHOTO-STEALIN', EBAY SELLIN' SLEEZE BALL :evil: !!!!

Glad y'all came to her rescue and defended her honor (and Mine too!) :D .

Ebay's filled with ENOUGH JERKS...We sure don'e need one who's rippin' off the Farmall Cub. Com photos :x !

THANKS to Dennis, Big Dof & all who helped in this effort :D !

VIGILANCE ALWAYS PAYS OFF :wink: !
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:06 am

Isn't there a way to keep images from being copied :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:08 am

Don't know how you did that Dennis, but the message is 8) 8)
Don't think he will link here again :o :o :D
Mike
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:18 am

Jim Hudson wrote:Someone should buy his disk. I bet he got it from Rudi's site. Which by the way is down tonight.

ABSOLUTELY! Then ruin his 100% feedback rating ... :evil: ..... WITH some choice, informative wording .... :shock:
Ron

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:13 pm

Hey, at least he's not trying to sell the tractor!

That's how I came to own my '67. The owner put it up on Ebay, but it was so ugly that people weren't biting. I let it go thinking that I could go in person and get a better deal. Then it showed up on Ebay again, different pictures, different seller, starting bid $100 more than last time.

When I asked the second seller if he was selling it for the first guy, he replied, "Whos XXX YYYY?"

I went back to the first guy. He still owned the Cub, and didn't give anybody permission to sell it on Ebay for him. The guy was trying to sell it out from under the real owner!!! I'd already blown my cover, so the owner pretended to be interested, and met the scumbag at the tractor, with the cops!

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:47 pm

I know how to fix him good..... sick Case IH on him for selling copywritten material. That is a far worse violation than using that link.

Guy must be pretty stupid.... he could have copied it to somewhere else and used it with far less likelyhood of being caught.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:16 pm

Just looked at that on e-beg this is what I found:

Pretty cool Dennis :!: :!: :!: 8)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:07 pm

Guys:

I noticed this last week and sent the yo-yo a question as to why he was doing this. No answer - figures... I was going to sent Country a heads up and make a post here, but the hospital sort of got in the way.....

I have already sent emails to a number of sellers. In fact I have even bought a couple of cd's to check em out and see where the manuals are coming from.

Unfortunately I cannot afford to buy a copy of each one... some of them are pretty expensive - especially in Cdn funds. So far just about every one that I have seen have been rip offs from the manual server.

One of the responses I got to my questions was" PO and get a life"... oh okay.

I just am trying to make sure I can keep my promise that these manuals would not be used for sale. As soon as I can get the server to the point I want it, then I will be able to burn the manuals to cd. Then, whoever in our community who wants one will be able to get one for their own personal use.

I have to figure out a way to somehow stop this, but I think it will be a losing battle. I even discussed it with eBay - and this is encouraging. If I can prove that someone has swiped the manuals from the server (such as identifying marks) then eBay will caution the user and if not repaired will cancel their account. I hate to do it, but there is a heck of a lot of work involved in that server and I really do not like the idea of some scam artist profiting from my work and from everybody's gernosity.

Oh, yeah. There ARE markers in ALL of the manuals that I can identify and I then know if the manuals have been hijacked. It is just a matter of having the time.

However, if any of you actually have a copy of these cd's that have been around for the last 2 years, I would appreciate a copy. It may help a little as they seem to be pdf files now. Would save me a lot of work :!: :idea: :roll: :D

Let me know what you think!

I am no legal beagle, but I have done a fair amount of research into this for the server itself. Binder knows about the server, and I think so does Case IH. No one, and let me re-emphasise this - NO ONE who represents these interests has made a big deal out of it. Mostly because these are older versions and they are not for sale!

As for the copyright violation, there really is a lot of doubt there. There are many people offering repints (aside from the licensed distributor Binder Books). Also, there is NO copyright indication on any IH material that I have been able to find. Copyright laws, although similar internationally, mean many different things. As for here in Canada, the copyright symbol must be present as well as the date for the copyright to be legal.... and there are different rules in other countries.

And as far as that goes - well China has pretty well tossed the idea of copyright in the toilet. They don't care and will hijack anything they deem useful...... sooo where to go from here??

As for the server being down.. well it was due to the serve ISP making some DNS changes. The total time down was 28 hours. Sorry about that, but it has been a very long time since it has gone down, so we have been lucky. I have my guru to thank for that, he does and excellent job keeping the server up and on line.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:58 pm

WELCOME BACK RUDI.....
glad you didn't go to the light!

You made me look at the manuals, you are right about the copywrite. I guess they would have a hard time enforcing it anyway.

It is even worse that this guy stole them off your server, he must need to carry his round ones in a wheelbarrow.

I know that my 'investment' in the 'factory' manuals is well worth it, just for the effort I put in running down the wiring. Until I had them or knew about Rudi's server I was too often guessing and it was frustrating at times.

Let me know what I can do to help out... and thanks again Rudi for all your work on that server..... it has come in handy on many occasions.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:37 pm

Guys:

This is the one CD that I am really interested in :!:

Farmall Cub Tractor Manuals.

Seems kinda unusual that most of those manuals seem to be identical to what is on the server.

This is the guy who seems to think "I need a life".

Oh well.

Larry:

I am also glad that I didn't go into the light as you say. I really want to thank you all for your prayers and wishes. I felt them all!

Will post a little something later on.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:46 pm

Rudi...So glad to see you posting again...your presence is truly missed :!:

The guy you mention above is the same dipstick that was using Jim Hudson's pic on TM's site.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:49 pm

Larry:

Yup, he is the other one who hijacked pics. I thought that was Jim's Cub that he was using. If you check the link, he has changed the pic though. Some guys have no honour :roll: :( That is a worrying trend that seems to be taking hold of late.

Thanks for the kind words, I am truly glad to be back.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:55 pm

You guys just need to follow that thiefs auctions and if you see a stolen picture from here or Rudi`s manuals page change it or have Dennis change it to his neat "High-Jacked" swap he made on the last one. It would be good to catch it as a new listing instad of its final days. :twisted:
Then came Bronson

David D. smith
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby David D. smith » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:58 pm

Rudi, I sent you a email.
Dave <*)))><

Return to “Farmall Cub”