This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Too much oil in crankcase

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mike D
10+ Years
10+ Years

Too much oil in crankcase

Postby Mike D » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:00 am

Plowed 7 inches of snow off the driveway this morning. Why do I really enjoy plowing snow with my 1947 Cub? My wife tells me if I enjoy plowing snow so much, I should really enjoy running the vacuum cleaner!! Oil level in crankcase is close to 2 inches above full mark on the dipstick. I changed oil in September, used Mobil I for the first time. I replaced the oil seal in magneto last summer because I found my points swimming in oil, I don't know how it ever fired. The Hydraulics are working fine. Where should I look to solve problem? Oil is getting into the crankcase from somewhere. I am sure I didn't overfill it. The price of Mobil 1 brought my attention to how much oil I was putting in. How about some ideas on where to start.

Thanks,

Mike

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:04 am

Assuming you only put in 3 quarts, the hydralics will quit sooner or later. Common problem is for the seal on the touch control pump shaft to leak into the engine. Hydraulic oil is lousy engine lubricant. With the cylinder retracted (plow all the way down) the touch control should be full to the bottom of the fill plug. Bet it isn't.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”