This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Has Anyone Ever Thought About This????

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374
Circle of Safety: Y

Has Anyone Ever Thought About This????

Postby farmallcub49 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:02 pm

I was wondering if anyone had ever thought of making a log skidding carriage for a fast hitch. I have a LoBoy and was thinking of making a arch that would mount to a fast hitch prong. I would chain the log to the top of this arch, much like the horse loggers did years ago. The logs would have to be cut to shorter lengths, but I am wondering how much extra weight might have to be added to the front. The Cub just won't go through the 3 ft of snow that was in the woods this weekend. Let me know what you think?? Don't be afraid to comment!!!!
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:07 pm

You could do it. I would defentently add weight to the front as you'r looking at a serious rearing problem and posible accident.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:20 pm

You could always make a log-sled out of an old unrepairable Cub hood. :arrow:
Then came Bronson

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:19 pm

I've used my Cub on many occasions to skid logs. I lifted them up slightly with the 3pt and then pulled them along. The only thing is the Cub can't handle anything but rather small stuff. My father-in-law made a log dolly and that has worked out best when using a small lightweight tractor like the Cub. Its just 2 axles with pneumatic tires for each end of the log. We take a small portable floor jack to jack up each end and then strap the log to the axles. Then just pull it out like pulling a wagon. Works good also for removing logs from peolpes yards to minimize yard damage. We have used a Cub Cadet garden tractor this way also.

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:56 pm

mJojnborn" There's no such thing as a Unrepairable Cub Hood" :lol: :lol: :lol: Jack

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:10 pm

Andy:

Sounds like an idea, and feasable for the Cub to handle. Ellie and I have yarded some pretty decent logs - 12-14 in and 20 foot long maple.. As long as you go slow, take your time and pay attention, it is doable. Just don't be goin cross country.

Look forward to seeing your ideas.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:32 pm

Jack Donovan wrote:mJojnborn" There's no such thing as a Unrepairable Cub Hood" :lol: :lol: :lol: Jack
I've got one that would be close. You can have if you can figure out how to get it transported.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”