This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Paint question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Paint question

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:53 am

OK, now that I have all the "E. tank" info, I need some on paint.

I don't have a gun, and right now don't plan on getting one. (Someone in my tractor club paints and is reasonable).

But I wanted to restore my blade myself. I think I would like to paint it yellow or blue. Can someone give me rattle can paint (and primer) info?

Or would this just be waisting my time quality wise??

Thanks
Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:17 pm

Van Sickle IH Blue and IH Federal Yellow can be ordered fromhttp://www.cngco.com in spray cans, quarts, and I think gallons. I use Case/IH Ironguard Primer. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Todd » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:09 pm

you can get a Prevail desposable sprayer from home depot
i have a few tractor pics on my site i should have started taking them before i took it apart

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:42 pm

I used Krylon Blue.rattle can.The price was right.Free......After all its a blade! Unless you are pushing air. I think its going to chip. :cry: .If its going to be on static display.Go with expensive powder coat. :roll:
1960 f-cub,IH Cub Cadet model 76, 125,
1957 IH350u