This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Part number for IH gasket/seal and IH logo on Ammeter

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Part number for IH gasket/seal and IH logo on Ammeter

Postby John Niekamp » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:08 pm

Someone at one time probably several times put on the number for the headlight gasket or seals.

I went to Case/IH last week and wanted to oder them and when the parts guy looked it up on the computer. He told the is was "N/A" and even showed it to me too. It showed the picture of the whole headlight assmembly and so on. Showed the lens were still available and also the 6 volt bulbs.
I just knew someone here said they were, where can I find myself three of them?

ALSO, I was just on eBay (after missing out on the other Cub, located here in Illinois) I found a Ammeter with the "IH" logo and the one I purchased from Case/IH is just plain and has no numbers of 20-10-0-10-20, showing the rate of charge or discharge, just lines. then the needle isn't "centered" with the engine not running. I don't think it's even working correctly anyhow. If you slighty tap the glass it will go back to the center position.

What my question is: this too, was no longer available with the "IH" logo was on them, but however a new oil pressure had the logo. (not that you can really see it, way down there anyways)

I would buy the one from this eBay seller, but I haven't received a response from him yet, whether this is new or used, even though it looks to be new.

Sorry, but this picture isn't the clearest, but you can get the point.

John Niekamp

Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:42 pm

Go back to your dealer and give him part #53527D. This is the number for the teardrop headlight gasket. I have bought at least 12 from my dealer over the past two years...they are a stocking item for him. :shock:

OEM and Carter and Gruenwald stock the correct oil pressure guage and ammeter for your tractor. Just give them the year model and they should be able to get you the right ones. Give Bermuda Ken (Ken Updike) a call at http://www.cngco.com
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John Niekamp » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:05 am

Cub-Bud,

THANK YOU, sir, went there, found it and this looks just like the one that came off my tractor. BUT a whole lot better shape :D

I will call them tomorrow and order one, AND print your reply off and give it to Selby's (My Case/IH dealer) I just wonder why is didn't show it as a valid part :?:

Thanks a bunch there buddy :!:
John
Machinist

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:28 am

While in high school and three years of college, I sold tractor parts at my local John Deere dealer. I worked for my local Case/IH dealer for two years in the parts department. I am presently employed as parts manager for our Honda atv/motorcycle dealer, which also sells five lines of outdoor power equipment. One thing I have learned over the years is that manufacturers will put the same part in a package and give it a different part number simply because it is on a different peice of equipment. :roll: Just a thought. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John Niekamp » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:02 am

Hey Cub-Bud,

I do have one other question for you that's WAY off the subject of Cubs, but since you once worked at the JD dealership at one time, I guess it depends on how long ago too.

But I have a John Deere 318 lawn tractor, (that I just simply love) with a ONAN 18 HP engine, but a few years ago I rebuilt the engine. I am just wondering, (if you even know) if it's John Deere or ONAN, but :censored: those rebuild parts were EXPENSIVE!!!! Did JD do this or ONAN? Darn starter was alomst 400 bucks by itself. My guess it's Onan. I may have already even asked this, but I don't remember. 39 next Monday and I am already losing my memory.

It's one fine machine and hasn't given a lick of trouble since, and I bought well worth the money it knowing it needed some engine work, but not that it was going to cost THAT much.

By the way, I also haven't purchased that front axel disconnect kit yet for my Honda Rancher, that you told me all about. BUT that time of the year is quickly approaching. Ya wanna come up to Illinois and help me install it :?: :lol:

John

PS: You don't have to reply here, send me a PM or email if you wish.
Machinist

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:04 am

I'll reply here. I think the high prices are a combination of John Deere and Onan. All the 200 and 300 series mowers we sold had Kohlers in them. I suspect the majority of them did. The rarity of the Onan engines may contribute to the high cost of replacement parts. Always check aftermarket sources like Rotary and Stens for parts. Also, most small starters for mowers, ATVs, and motorcycles can be rebuilt as lower costs.

Sorry, I don't make service calls. :lol:

Greg Norman

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:52 pm

John,

Also check here for used parts.

http://www.weekendfreedommachines.com/
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.

Postby Bermuda Ken » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:11 pm

John....Forget about fixing the 318. Trade/sell it for a Cub Cadet. :D It will give you a more complete cub ownership experience.....
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John Niekamp » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:57 pm

Bermuda Ken wrote:John....Forget about fixing the 318. Trade/sell it for a Cub Cadet. :D It will give you a more complete cub ownership experience.....

Ya wouldn't be a little tad bit BIAS there, Ken (but I'll take it under advisement, LOL):lol: :lol:

This has all been back just a few years ago (2000). When I first bought the Deere when I had to overhauled it. The engine only had 711 hours on it and the P.O. didn't know what changing oil was or for that matter, what ANY preventive maintenance was. NOW, it has almost 1500 hours on it and hasn't caused a moments problem. I was just amazed on the price of overhauling it. I could have rebuilt a small block Chevy cheaper.

Really I shouldn't complain, it's been an excellent machine and everything runs cuts so smooth. I guess in all, I may have $2000 in it total. That solenoid shift bendix starter, was just more than I could really bare.

Thanks for the notes and the URL. I got it book marked.

John
Machinist

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:40 am

John,

I just bought 3 headlight gaskets from JP Salvage. I believe they were $4 each (right Jamie?)

I also have a 300 series JD.....only a 317 (w/o power steering :cry: )
But I love it too (not as much as my Cubs, though :wink: ) It thinks it's a big tractor.
Kirk

CUBS:
'49

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:09 am

John:

my headlight gaskets came directly from my CaseIH Dealer.....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John Niekamp » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:53 pm

Don't get me wrong I wasn't complaining about my local dealer, they HAVE really tried to helpful over the whole process and have gone that extra mile. Afterall, I have spent quite a bit of money with them on this little toy. I will probably just go ahead and send Jamie out an email, and get them from JP. The ammeter, I have the correct one coming now.

Hey guys thanks once again for all your expertize and your fine help, especailly for my sometimes (usually) some really dumb questions.

As always, it has been very much appreiceated.

John

Kirk, several years ago I used my brother in-laws J.D. 332 with the 3 cylinder Yanmar diesel, with the power steering and hydrastat and really wanted one BAD, before that, I always thought P.S. on a lawn tractor was the dumbest thing, boy was I wrong!! Then when the time came for me to get one, none could be found. I really wanted these five things:

A. Power steering, B. Independant rear brakes (that are always locked together) C. Hydrastat with front hydraulic outlets, D. Mininum of a 48 inch deck, E. Yanmar diesel

Well I COULDN'T find a 332 period! so I settled for the 318, had everything, but the diesel, OH WELL! but hey I did end up with a 50 inch deck. Keep in mind, that I upgraded from a JD 214, talk about a difference from night and day. I can't say anything for the Cub just yet, but I sure do have some HIGH hopes for him. :)
Machinist

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:53 pm

John:

You can also check Case Tractor Parts

They have them.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”