This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Electrolisis tank

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Electrolisis tank

Postby Maritimer » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:02 pm

What is a good size of a tank to use for your Electrolisis tank? If I cut a plastic 45gal barrel down to about 2 feet, would this be ok?Is there something better to use?
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:09 pm

Tank size depends on what you are trying to de-rust. For large or odd-shaped pieces a plastic barrel or something similar might be needed. For other items, a shallow but wide tank might be called for. Sometimes a 5 gallon bucket will do. Keep your options open and pick an appropriate size for the job.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Maritimer » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:25 pm

Thanks BD. I guess it does depend on the item. The perpose of the tank is to get the item a few inches away from your andode. It would be a little harder if you are doing a front wheel hub in a 45gal barrel. Probably wouldn't work. Hense the smaller bucket
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:52 am

Maritimer
Drop in the next time you are down this way.I have and electo set/up.It is not working right now,it is a 45 gal plastic drum. 8) :) Bruce
owner of 48 fcub 34206 Cub cadets 108/102 with mower,snow thrower and blade

Russ Leggitt
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 38655
Tractors Owned: [18] CUBs from 1947 thru 1974; "B" Farmall, [2] John Deere MTs; Ford 600; Ford 4000; and a 1956 IHC S112 Pickup [CUB Hauler]
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Russ Leggitt » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:24 pm

Heu Maritimer,

Just like BigDog said, it depends upon the size of the parts you want to
put in the vat. I have found a 30 gal. plastic box at our WalMart large
enugh to do most everything on a CUB. This includes the rear rims.
Of course you can only do 1/2 of the rim at a time but this is ok with me.
The fenders also take two dippings. But if you have time on your hands
this is fine and does not take so much chemicals. If you go the plastic
barrel route and cut it in half lenghtways you may want to make a wooden
craddle to place it in. I have a couple of them and could send a picture.
I will send you a private message with my e-mail ad.

RussL

Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Maritimer » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:43 pm

When I take these items out of the brew, do I have to prime them right away?What if I keep them in a heated area? Will this cause them to start oxidizing right away? I'm painting an h right now and I sand blasted it then kept it inside in a heated shop. I would think it would get monontunis(sp)priming every little piece versus priming it all at once. My primer I use is a wet on wet.I paint it as soon as I'm done the primerThis is the last time I'm going to do this amount of sandblasting. It gets into everywhere. i spent just as much time cleaning it after as I did sandblasting. :x

Return to “Farmall Cub”