This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Finished!!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cubnut
10+ Years
10+ Years

Finished!!!

Postby Cubnut » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:43 pm

I've mentioned before that I have been working on my neighbor's '50 FCub, repairing lots of problems on it and trying to make it look good. It was an absolute wreck when he got it, but now he loves it and wouldn't part with it for any amount of money. I have thoroughly enjoyed the project and talking with you guys on this forum, and you've taught me just about everything I know about his tractor in one way or another.

Unfortunately, now that the project is just about finished, I have to move to Houston in a couple of days and can't continue on it. My neighbor will finish it...all he has to do is rebuild the touch control unit and recondition the engine cover. At least I got to actually drive it, but I wish I could stay around to see the finished gem.

Nothing I'll be doing in Houston has any relation to Cubs, so I'll most likely never get to enjoy one again. As for my account on this forum, I'll turn it over to my neighbor to use if he needs it. Any posts from now on will be his. I hope you'll continue to assist him as you have done for me.

You guys are the finest people I've ever met online...always willing to offer experienced advice and welcome a new Cubber aboard. You've pulled me out of many tight spots with your help when I was completely lost, and there's no way I can ever tell you how much I appreciated it or how much I enjoyed being here with you. Cubs may have brought everyone together here, but it was the people who made it worthwhile!

Thanks again for everything, guys, and I wish all the best for all of you!

Gordon (former Cubnut)
These cubs never grow up

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:53 pm

Gordon, You may be in luck. Just check out the post from jrvanm, a new board member from Houston. I think it's more than just fate that he joined the board today. He needs help and you need a cub to work on.
Stick around a while, you can keep your knowledge honed until you can put it to use again.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:59 pm

Gordon good luck on your new job, and good work on helping your neighbor. We'll be watching for you. Cubs and this board are habit forming.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Gene Chestnutt
10+ Years
10+ Years

More Needy Cubs

Postby Gene Chestnutt » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:43 pm

Gordon,
Welcome to Texas. If you ever feel the need to help a sickly Cub--I have 4 of them--all alive but ailing. Get yourself settled in and post me. I am about 4 to 5 hours SOUTH of Houston.
Gene Chestnutt

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:57 am

Accounts are free. Why can't he get his own?

You are going to have access to a computer and the Internet, why don't you keep the account and keep in touch with the group?

Return to “Farmall Cub”