This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Leaking tranmission

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jerry Borcherding
10+ Years
10+ Years

Leaking tranmission

Postby Jerry Borcherding » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:54 pm

Tranmission stays dry. 90wt immediately leaks from the right wheel mount or maybe it is the break housing. Is it a seal that needs to be replaced?? Where can I get a how-to instruction on this repair??--thanks

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:11 pm

The first thing I would check is to see if it has been over filled.
Then came Bronson

Jerry Borcherding
10+ Years
10+ Years

leaking transmission

Postby Jerry Borcherding » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:18 pm

No, it is bone dry and makes much more noise than is normal. cant get any oil on a stick put into the transmission.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:24 pm

I am sure you can find the seal replacement procedure in one of the manuals on Rudi`s site but somebody else will have to tell you which manual & page it is in.
Then came Bronson

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:33 pm

I don't know where you're putting the stick, but the tranny only holds 3 1/2 pints of gear oil. So a stick put in the top of the tranny will not go down far enough.
The first thing I would do is drain the tranny and measure how much lube you drained.
The seal you speak of is the differential seal. The right rear final and tube will have to come off to get to the seal 8)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:42 am

There is a level plug on the left side of the transmission down low and about in line with the gear shift. Being overfull from condensation and leaking out a worn seal is a common problem.

Moving this thread to the cub discussion.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!